The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Getting kids started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am not a racer. I would love to get my car on the track, but with the expense, I would much rather get my kid into racing, if he shows interest. But, I have no idea where to start. He will be 4 in May. He loves cars, he loves the Boss, and i just have a feeling that racing might actually be something that could hold his attention for more than 6 seconds. Any suggestions on how to get him started would be great. Is it too early? Will a working family income have the resources to support it?

Lookup your local kart or quarter midget track. Karting is a blast and you can both get karts and race together when he gets a bit older.

TMO Supporting Vendors