The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Go to www.racemph.com to view the double seam repaving of the track!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Got to the News Section at the top of the page and read all about the repaving project at Motorsports Park Hastings!! Probably one of the best things being done is the double seam paving of the entire track ( most are done in a three seam process ) which will ensure it is smoother and more even than the typical track. Read completely through the article and view all the pictures below, as this was done in October. The curing process is so important and often once paved cars are on track in a few months ( not always the best ), but MPH will cure throughout the Winter and it should be ready for heavy duty racing in the Spring of 2022! Those of you who have wanted to make the Mustang Roundup and had a conflict or heard the track was a bit hard on tires ( fact the surface was a teenager at 14 years and you know how hard kids are on cars, ha ). I have been excited about the process being done by Jeff Lacina , the new Track Mgr. , and Werner Construction because I know both of them quite well and they are perfectionists. Werner Construction is very well known in Nebraska and way ahead of many competitors for State of the Art paving. Jeff brings his expertise in helping Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka get repaved with newer techniques and it is the smoothest and easiest track on tires I have ever raced on. I am betting we will see the same success at Hastings and more, since the decision was made to eliminate the three seams to two!! This track and event needs to be on your calendar for 2022 , for the Mustang Roundup and I will post other events for those that want to get some early track time there ---- likely with NASA or maybe SCCA will be back for a Track Night?

Yes, I am stoked , as this is a fun, technical track with some little tricks and surprises in it, but mainly because it is an easy city to get around, easy for racers to hang out together, and there is even race fuel about a 1/4 mile down the road.

Check it out!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Chatted with my buddy Jeff Lacina, ( new Mgr at MPH ) and I am so stoked as I verified the re-milling of the track and filling of the cracks , but more importantly I found for certain that he and Werner construction did a state of the art new surface very similar to Topeka! Crazy process where the aggregate is ground smaller , washed, ground again, washed again and then laid with new bonders and heavy oils to give it a super smooth surface.

I know folks may figure it is just asphalt paving, but for those of us who have run in Topeka , the difference is obvious. You can get double your tire life at Heartland Motorsports Park compared to almost anywhere we run. To assess that Hastings is using a similar process with advancements in the product ( and a new machine laying fewer seams ) it means there will be two tracks in the center of the Country that love tires -- the most common cost for racers. Nuff said, I just wanted to be sure all the little things Jeff and I had discussed might be accomplished and the end result was way beyond my expectations. Werner Construction is the " King of Asphalt " and they even got a new machine just for Hastings. Unreal , but the owner is a Trackrat Gearhead and his company also did the initial pavement , but the level of commitment is beyond measure.

Looking forward to making it to Hastings more often and many of you should consider a " Guardrail Membership " because it is so much cheaper than the memberships you see at the majority of tracks.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel