The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Going Square, what is needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just called Rehagan and they're apparently out of the 18 and 20 mm 05-09 sway bars. Anywhere else I can get one or both?

I was hoping Rehegan would have it!
Maybe we can try cortex and Watson racing as well, or post a WTB thread on SVTP forum. As a last resort there are a few take-offs on eBay, but not priced very reasonably.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
F.D. Sako said:
I was hoping Rehegan would have it!
Maybe we can try cortex and Watson racing as well, or post a WTB thread on SVTP forum. As a last resort there are a few take-offs on eBay, but not priced very reasonably.

I bought my bars from Cortex, but they sent me the wrong front bar. And when they sent the right one it came from Tire Rack so maybe try them too.

further said:
I just called Rehagan and they're apparently out of the 18 and 20 mm 05-09 sway bars. Anywhere else I can get one or both?

I bought mine from newtakeoff over amazon a few days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=VFGIKDNG5UU7&C=3TG14KBDH777U&H=EIBGVIFLM2WAQMTUM0RXR0MPBOQA&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB000O0X81Y%2Fref%3Dpe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wont be home before Sunday to be able to mesure the bar I received.

But according to the Ford part number, it's look like the 20mm from the GT. I think the V6 didn't have any bar for these years

The link worked for me but it doesn't state what size. $70 delivered.

Swiss Boss said:
I bought mine from newtakeoff over amazon a few days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=VFGIKDNG5UU7&C=3TG14KBDH777U&H=EIBGVIFLM2WAQMTUM0RXR0MPBOQA&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB000O0X81Y%2Fref%3Dpe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Awesome. Just ordered one. The 20 or 18 mm would be fine with me. I have a Strano front bar but have not ordered the rear due to rubbing issues with the Whiteline relo brackets. Can't wait to put that power down coming out of the turns now. Once you relieve yourself of traction control, you truly understand the gentle dance, between throttle and steering, required to keep the back inline. I was very tempted to remove the bar, but this will do nicely.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Re: Going Square, what it needed?

ArizonaBOSS said:
I run 305 Pirellis on the SVE Drifts and the Roush wheels, both 10" wide. They will work.

I was about to push the button on a set of Nitto NT555R II 305/35-18 tires with SVE Drift 18x10 wheels. My Boss has the P springs and -2.4 camber, can I get away with a 3mm spacer or should I go with 10mm to be safe?? (Is their anything wrong with making your own spacers??)

I have seen comments on BMO about spacers ranging from 0 to 10mm for the Drifts!

Just installed the sway bay I received from the amazon vendor. Like Swiss Boss mentioned, I only had to re-use the side brackets.

Just in case someone needs it, the torque specs for the side bushing bracket bolts are 52 ft-lbs and the endlink bolts are 85 ft-lbs.

Removing the wheels made the installation a little easier, gave a little bit more clearance or the wrenches.

Here are a few pics.
Comparison. Top stock, bottom 05-09 GT
IMAG0447Copy_zpsfd5c2e09.jpg

Stock
IMAG0451Copy_zpse773256f.jpg

05-09GT
d20e526e-4023-4112-9a46-22f875c4a794_zps6f4854cb.jpg

Everything done!
IMAG0456Copy_zps5d957e5e.jpg

I put the rear shocks back to 5 from 3. But I won't really notice the difference made by the sway bar until at the track. I'm looking for a more planted feel during corner exit, while on the throttle.

NFSBOSS said:
Samo, was your rear axle originally painted black? In for you update.

Yes :(
I had an accident a while back, hit a curb and bent the axle housing. Unfortunately, I noticed that the dealer replaced it with a regular housing a little late and did not want to go through the hassle of bitching them out and having the car at the dealer for a few weeks. Another reason why I dont trust dealers... even when they say they ordered the parts off the vin :'( But I'm trying my best not to get bothered by little things like this, life is too short! 8)

F.D, I went with 20mm rear and the best result ( feel) I saw was with 5/5 dampers settings with camber of 1.5-1.6.
I think if you have more aggressive negative camber, starting with lower settings at the rear will be a good start. But then again your sway bar is only 18 mm.
Waiting for your impressions!

13Boss#3328 said:
F.D, I went with 20mm rear and the best result ( feel) I saw was with 5/5 dampers settings with camber of 1.5-1.6.
I think if you have more aggressive negative camber, starting with lower settings at the rear will be a good start. But then again your sway bar is only 18 mm.
Waiting for your impressions!

Thanks for the tip! Although, I still haven't invested in camber plates, so I'm still on stock alignment.
I drove the car all weekend, one major improvement I've noticed was that the rear end is more planted during turn-in, but I suspect that is mainly because the shocks are now at 5/5, compared to 5/3 when I had the stock rear sway. I've also noticed the rear end doesn't slide as easily when getting on the throttle a little aggressively during a slow turn. Two more weeks until the next event!

F.D. Sako said:
Thanks for the tip! Although, I still haven't invested in camber plates, so I'm still on stock alignment.
I drove the car all weekend, one major improvement I've noticed was that the rear end is more planted during turn-in, but I suspect that is mainly because the shocks are now at 5/5, compared to 5/3 when I had the stock rear sway. I've also noticed the rear end doesn't slide as easily when getting on the throttle a little aggressively during a slow turn. Two more weeks until the next event!

It is more planted because you soften the rear sway bar.

TMO Supporting Vendors