The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Goodridge Braided Brake Line Kit for GT350R....do I need them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking at buying a set of Goodridge Braided Brake Line Kit. I know my 2007 GT500 needed them but that car was not designed for the track like my GT350R was. So did Ford beef up the GT350R brake lines or should I pull the trigger on the Goodridge Braided Brake Line Kit.

I tracked my car 11 times this year and I'm pretty aggressive on my brakes, I went through a set of the stock Brembo pads after 8 track days with no issues of a soft pedal or any kind of brake fade.

So, do I need them or are the GT350R brake lines rigid enough to not expand under intense track braking?

thanks,

Jim

Do you need the steel lines, no. Do you want them, likely.

I added a set last week. I could tell the difference before the car was off the jacks. Much firmer pedal feel.

Would I buy them again? Yes.
Thanks TMSBOSS, that’s exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. Not just a yes and no reason behind it.

I came across someone selling the latest version kit 12365, the ones for the GT350, not the S550 brand new in box for $150. That’s why i have this dilemma, they are $219 new on OP, so do I need them, NO, do I want them, Probably LOL

I came across someone selling the latest version kit 12365, the ones for the GT350, not the S550 brand new in box for $150. That’s why i have this dilemma, they are $219 new on OP, so do I need them, NO, do I want them, Probably LOL

always buy from op tim.....i go to him first, if he doesnt have it, then i prob dont need it, or go somewhere else. I have my braided lines frm him....plus 30 other things

always buy from op tim.....i go to him first, if he doesnt have it, then i prob dont need it, or go somewhere else. I have my braided lines frm him....plus 30 other things
But he bought them from OP Tim and sold his car before he installed them, so technically I am.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
It's not just pedal feel, but braided steel lines are more likely to resist breakage from being hit by debris. Ever see the colossal amount of crap that gets tossed into your wheels on a track day? Hitting a big wad of tire rubber at 140mph could be pretty tough on a rubber brake line and steel debris cuts like a knife, to quote Bryan Adams. It has happened. This has been standard practice for track cars since I first started going to the track as a 10 year old kid in the 60s.

It's not just pedal feel, but braided steel lines are more likely to resist breakage from being hit by debris. Ever see the colossal amount of crap that gets tossed into your wheels on a track day? Hitting a big wad of tire rubber at 140mph could be pretty tough on a rubber brake line and steel debris cuts like a knife, to quote Bryan Adams. It has happened. This has been standard practice for track cars since I first started going to the track as a 10 year old kid in the 60s.
Ok, that’s a good point.

TMO Supporting Vendors