The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GoPro accessories and past model "Naked" Hero now at WalMart online

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Just saw this, in case anyone was interested. Great savings on the LCD, 52$ vs $80.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/1095238?povid=cat14503-env172199-module052612-lLink_WNGOPRO

What is the new model called and is it worth getting over this one? I have the original one and it eats batteries in about 5 min so something must be wrong with it. Worked well for several years.

And the rollbar mount is nice, I have been using pipe clamps.

ace72ace

I'll be buying the Hero2, and can't speak to the old one, never owned it. Won't be worrying about batteries either as I plan to run USB power cables to the mount point under the hood either in the fog light opening, or behind it, depending on the FOV from that spot. Other location will be on the passenger side of the windshield, so a power lead up there will prevent me from having to deal with battery issues. The new model will also offer wifi control, lots of cool features on the Hero2.

ace72ace said:
I'll be buying the Hero2, and can't speak to the old one, never owned it. Won't be worrying about batteries either as I plan to run USB power cables to the mount point under the hood either in the fog light opening, or behind it, depending on the FOV from that spot. Other location will be on the passenger side of the windshield, so a power lead up there will prevent me from having to deal with battery issues. The new model will also offer wifi control, lots of cool features on the Hero2.

How are you going to run the power lead to the gopro? My Hero2 has a plastic case over the camera. You would have to cut a hole in the case to get the cord attached to it. I have 2 batteries for mine. 1 for the morning runs and the second for the afternoon runs.

ace72ace

If I have to drill a hole in the case and the seal it with epoxy/silicone etc, so be it.

ace72ace

FYI, you can get the USB cables you need, even long lengths at monoprice.com. Best place to get HDMI, sata, USB3, cheap iPod accessories, etc. great selection, quality products and cheap shipping.

TMO Supporting Vendors