The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am race at COTA March 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went to the US GP there in November. Awesome, awesome track and we had a great time. However - be prepared to spend astronomical amounts of money on parking, souvenirs, and food. I have heard that unlike the US GP, the Grand AM tix are pretty reasonable. It was so expensive, I doubt I will ever go back to a race there, which is really bumming me. It was just so ridiculous in Nov., that it put a bad taste in my mouth that won't go away. :( Hate it too, cuz I'm 2 hours away and love Grand Am on Speed. Just don't want to give that track any more of my money - ever again. It was a joke how expensive it all was - did I mention that already?

...well, if they'd have an open track day I might give them another chance... :)

DieselRocket said:
I have heard that unlike the US GP, the Grand AM tix are pretty reasonable.

The tickets in FL are very cheap for Grand Am, best keep secret in racing. Grand Am is all about the fans, everyone is able to get up close and personal to the teams and their cars. One thing is for sure for those of you going to this Continental race, it is going to be exciting with lots of paint swapping in the tight turns.

GA
2012YellowBoss said:
The tickets in FL are very cheap for Grand Am, best keep secret in racing. Grand Am is all about the fans, everyone is able to get up close and personal to the teams and their cars. One thing is for sure for those of you going to this Continental race, it is going to be exciting with lots of paint swapping in the tight turns.

How about that race at Barber last year? There were two massive wrecks at the beginning of the race. Barber is a great place to see Grand Am and is reasonable.

TMO Supporting Vendors