The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Motor/Trans Mount issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Minnesota
Had to replace my transmission extension housing recently (long story). To do this I had to remove the trans brace and the remove the driveshaft in order to lower the rear of the trans to get it low enough. Had to also disconnect the shift linkage and shifter arm. After i got everything together I raised the trans back up and put the trans brace back on and torqued everything to its appropriate number. Refilled with new oil and all. Runs normal and drives/shifts just fine however I notice in 3rd gear the shifter moves back under throttle and forward when i let off. Not a ton, maybe a centimeter but still enough that i notice. Could the front motor mounts have taken some damage due to the stress put on by lowering the rear of the trans down? I also noticed after I had torqued the trans mounts we took the jack out and the trans dropped a little as in it was a little high when installing the brace. I did loosen the two nuts at the bottom and re torque but wondering if I should have re-torqued the bolts holding the brace to the car as well? Also I'm not sure if the shifter bushings may have anything to do with it since it too was just hanging there

GT350s are very hard on motor mounts, I would think the hot ticket here would be to try and find the ones that were the softest, IT might help isolate the engine vibrations and save on sone cracked parts, I would never go with a "solid" or stronger mount on these cars than stock.

TMO Supporting Vendors