The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Second Impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS said:
RE: Catch cans and Peterson breather: You might HAVE to run the catch cans--because I'm not sure where you're going to fit a Peterson can in that engine bay! Looks pretty tight!

I see that those are not production hose clamps on the catch can hoses. Very early Job 2 mod?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
VooDooBOSS said:
Welcome to the party. Who's next?

Wait until you guys see the car in person. In the meantime read the supplement and there's no doubt Ford went way beyond what they did with the Boss 302. Of course the Boss is the Boss and so far there is no hour long documentary on the 350. ::)

Not in yet. Have to make color change and see timing.

I'm now thinking the oil separators are a test to see how much oil is being passed. They look an awful lot like the Bob's canisters.

http://shop.bobsautosports.com/2015-Mustang-GT-Oil-Separator-Pass-side-2015-Mustang-GT-pass-oil-sep.htm

2015%20standard1.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
TMSBOSS said:
Not in yet. Have to make color change and see timing.

The car currently on order is a yellow with tech pack. Neither appeal to me. Track Pack with either white with blue or blue with white.

If they can make the changes, I will likely pull the trigger.

The day I talked to my dealer about the Boss, the car on order was CO with both options. We changed that order to KB and seats no issues. Car arrived in 6 weeks. All will depend upon how far along the order is. Oh Yea, Executive Approval also. Current CFO will NOT accept a yellow car.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
TMSBOSS said:
The car currently on order is a yellow with tech pack. Neither appeal to me. Track Pack with either white with blue or blue with white.

If they can make the changes, I will likely pull the trigger.

The day I talked to my dealer about the Boss, the car on order was CO with both options. We changed that order to KB and seats no issues. Car arrived in 6 weeks. All will depend upon how far along the order is. Oh Yea, Executive Approval also. Current CFO will NOT accept a yellow car.

Great news, hopefully the color/option change will be no problem as the unit will get bumped to a Sold Order Fill status. How was your Dealer with pricing? Were you able to order at MSRP with no added Dealer markups?

The more I see the Shelby GT350, the more I like it, even the rear deck lid spoiler.

Good Luck with your order.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel