The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 spanner warning on track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Auckland New Zealand
At the track day last weekend I was greeted with a spanner warning light, consult manual. No obvious symptoms and car seemed fine to drive.
As soon as i stopped in the pit after my session the hill hold not available message popped up.
Cycled ign and faults went away till my next session, same thing as was the rest of the day.
That evening at the motel I scanned the car and got a 0833 code for clutch switch, I didn't clear the code as i wanted to save the info.
Now here's the odd thing. Did my sessions all in 3rd gear, track was so small I didn't really need any other gears.

Drive to and from the track (several hours each way) I never get the warning, only on track.
Looking at the data from the scan I'm not seeing anything obvious and I really doubt that its the switch at fault.

Now I have read about the trans output shaft nut TSB so that's probably worth checking but any other ideas?
*EDIT* I did spin off track in my first session but don't see how that would be related?

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG1.PNG

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors