The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Tire Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA
I’m currently torn between focusing on an autocross cam c build with fast super 200 like rt660 or CRS tire or focusing on moving through HPDE with something like the new Nexen NFERA Sport R or ECF.
"Moving through HPDE" SCREAMS ecf for me. Seat time is key; having to worry about the cost of tires, replacing tires and tires getting heat soaked while lapping gets in the way of quality seat time. Long lasting, consistent grip is what you want when you are in need of seat time imo. With that being said, I can't recommend the ECF enough. And they are CHEAP for how long they last. This is a graph I made based on my personal experience of running the ECF's, using my discount code for ECF's (which I can give to anyone if interested):

1696871781085.png

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Since plenty of folks are just wanting to run their car in HPDEs, the Extreme Force Conti is a solid choice for those individuals not wanting the fastest tire, but one that will last and, as noted, run at a consistent pace. The folks who want to be the fastest during a Time Trial this is not the tire of choice and it was not intended to be. So rationally if you are looking for a solid HPDE tire this is a good choice and for those who ran RS-4s in the past, this tire is a current generation and the collaboration of Conti and Hoosier gives one the knowledge you are working with a company who understands the focus of each competitive tire it makes and the said purpose of each ( this is an Endurance DOT race tire and therefore perfect for an HPDE )

I would highly recommend the RE71RS for someone running a Time Trial with a 200 TWR tire as the A052 comes in a bit sooner but its massive grip disappears sooner also. Having ridden with a good friend of mine in a 20 minute session, the RE71RS stayed damn crisp for that period.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Logan, UT
"Moving through HPDE" SCREAMS ecf for me. Seat time is key; having to worry about the cost of tires, replacing tires and tires getting heat soaked while lapping gets in the way of quality seat time. Long lasting, consistent grip is what you want when you are in need of seat time imo. With that being said, I can't recommend the ECF enough. And they are CHEAP for how long they last. This is a graph I made based on my personal experience of running the ECF's, using my discount code for ECF's (which I can give to anyone if interested):

View attachment 90517
It is also hard to beat the buy 3 get one free promo through trackdaytire for the ECF. I am curious how HPDE guys like the NFERA Sport R, as tire rack has done a comparison of them, and they put down faster lap times than many other tires, while being marketed as a replacement for the outgoing SUR4G

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I ran my ECFs for three hard HPDE days. I shaved lap times throughout the weekend. (BIR Donnybrooke and Competition Course). My times were actually better than with my used Pirelli slicks.( I have a couple friends with M2s running ECFs as well and they are showing fast times and consistent performance.) And not having to replace a set of slicks after one weekend is even better. I am very happy and satisfied with the ECFs. I'll likely buy another set when I run these out, which will likely be deep into next summer.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
I ran my ECFs for three hard HPDE days. I shaved lap times throughout the weekend. (BIR Donnybrooke and Competition Course). My times were actually better than with my used Pirelli slicks.( I have a couple friends with M2s running ECFs as well and they are showing fast times and consistent performance.) And not having to replace a set of slicks after one weekend is even better. I am very happy and satisfied with the ECFs. I'll likely buy another set when I run these out, which will likely be deep into next summer.
That’s amazing to hear!

what pressures and alignment settings were you running ?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
That’s amazing to hear!

what pressures and alignment settings were you running ?
Per the guys at Hoosier/Conti I ran them at 35psi hot. I run -2.75 camber up front and the stock setting on the rear. Zero degree toe. I think adjustable camber arms are on the winter upgrade list... a -1.5 or -2 setting in the rear will help with grip at trackout and help with wear.

CA
I got 48 heat cycles out of my ECF's. They are hilariously long lasting.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hearing good things for the Forces from friends who do HPDEs or Endurance racing. I would hesitate a bit for those folks who are doing Time Trials or who are ultra competitive as they are not the tire for that focus. Since there is a huge group of folks on TMO looking for reasonably fast, lower cost tire that lasts longer, the ECF is a very solid choice.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel