The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gutting electronics on 2013 S197

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Spanish Fort, AL
I have a 2013 Mustang GT that I have tracked since 2014. I'm on my second motor (Frankentstein 3-2-1 with L&M cams), second set of suspension (Cortex Koni 500# coilovers), rollbar with Corbeau seats and harnesses, and third MT82transmission. Note that I love the car and am comfortable working on it. I have almost 2,000 track laps but I'm getting tired of lights and codes related to #8 cylinder, crank sensors, Race ABS module, TPMS, airbags, etc. I'm ready to install a modified ECM that doesn't need the BCM or associated can bus network. I think I would even be willing to revert to the 2009 GT500 ABS setup. I would love to keep my key and power windows but could live without radio, HVAC, cruise control. Does anyone have experience in extensive electronics and dash modifications without becoming a full on race car? I'm looking at Racepak or Aim digital dashes as well as Cartek digital control panels. Please point me in the right direction on previous threads if possible. I've done some reading over the last couple of weeks but haven't found enough detail yet.

Thanks in advance.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel