The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Haas releasing both drivers at end of season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
😮

Can't say I'm completely surprised, but you don't usually see both of them let go.

Wonder what the plan is to make the car itself more competitive. Not sure better drivers will help all that much.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Both had pretty poor F1 records without a podium finish.

And I guess having your wheel(s) fall off didn’t help any, but still.

#GoTeamHaas!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
..........geez, watching F1 Practice in Portugal and who is hanging around the Track Fence watching but Nico Hulkenberg! Where was my mind ( don't answer that ) , there is HAAS's second driver and those two would definitely fight to be in the fray!

Hulkenberg and Perez , bingo , your Team is done HAAS, and you are entirely welcome.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think after the tough years, Haas wants someone who can step in a produce now, as he has been wavering on staying in F1 over the last two years. Just my thoughts and the old formula of one experienced and one rookie could lead to doing what you suggest. Take one of the experienced guys ( Perez or Hulkenberg ) and pair them with a hot shoe from F2.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well , what do I know , it appears that F1 news is intimating HAAS is thinking of F2 Stars, Callum ILott and ..........drum roll...............................Mick
Schumacher!!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Racing Clairvoyants , DoubleFox and BillPemberton are at your disposal , 1-800-kno-ital, for one small fee we shall tell your the future of racing , your future in racing, and the next musical concert given by Ray Sing!

Looks like Mazepin and Schumacher are the next drivers at HAAS --- we got the news from our friendly sources telepathically.

Not surprised. I was hoping for more success for the team by now.

Wouldn't be surprised if either Hulk, Checko or even Russell ends up in one of the seats but the other has Mazepin and Schumacher written all over it. I doubt they'll go with a double rookie lineup even though some pundits have been mentioning it.

We will see. I hope Haas is still around for the 2022 change-up.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel