The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has anyone installed the BMR jacking rails along with the Ford Performance tie down kits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I don't have the tie down kit yet, therefore not exactly sure on the mounting points, but since they use existing holes and the BMR jacking rails also use existing holes, I want to make sure they are compatible? I want something simple to jack up the car without worrying about the side sills or the pinch welds and this seems like a good alternative. Also, at my age, I don't want to get down to find the jacking points , be unable to get up , and have to push my alert button to tell the World ...." I have fallen and I can't get up!" Really embarrassing if any Corvette or Camaro drivers are nearby.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hmmm............guess I might be the Guinea Pig, since no responses likely means the BMR permanent rails for jacking are not that popular or they are not compatible? Guess I should make a few calls, first to the good folks at Capaldi Developmen since they know practically everything Mustang related!!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, VoodooStang, thanks a lot. Looks like a fairly close fit, but fit it does , so that may be the way I go. I really appreciate the extra effort taking pictures of the two racing accessories! You definitely went out of your way ,but that seems to be the typical TMO member's spirit!

You’ll have to cut the angle on the BMR low profile jacking rail. I used a porta-band saw. Painted the inside raw metal black. If you have existing bolts in the holes look for corrosion. I replaced all of mine with new 10.8 metrics.

Ok I’ve always wondered this but never asked. Why jacking rails? I’ve jacked up my car by the pinch weld a hundred times and not bent one. At least on the s550 there’s a couple spots along the seam that one of the pieces bumps out to form kind of a capital D and jacking there with a piece of wood on the Jack and always good. Never wanted to add another 10-15lbs to the car. What am I missing?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have used boards for years but my first Boss had the pinch welds messed up when I got it and have seen others, so just being proactive . Agree on the weight but wanted to view all options since it is harder for me to get up and down that low now. Looking for simple options to jack it up quickly and am also considering using the old red arrow decal to show an old man where the pinch weld is ............

Appreciate both of your thoughts Scoots and VoodooStang.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
also considering using the old red arrow decal to show an old man where the pinch weld is
Red arrow?? How silly. I went with the blue arrow pointing to the jack pad 06Mach1 makes. Make sure you go deep enough....with the jack. The pinch weld/pad is a ways back from the outside of the trim. The jack just may slip to the outside. Don't ask me how I know. :banghead:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks Chip for the kind offer, no need as it seems that is the fix and I can get them cut down if I go that route. Kind of wonder why BMR has not done a version that would match with the tie down kit, as those that are constantly jacking up their cars are usually Track sickos and tie downs are not the uncommon.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Red arrow?? How silly. I went with the blue arrow pointing to the jack pad 06Mach1 makes. Make sure you go deep enough....with the jack. The pinch weld/pad is a ways back from the outside of the trim. The jack just may slip to the outside. Don't ask me how I know. :banghead:
I thought I was the only one. Getting a car back off the ground with the wheel off was an exercise in physics. :ohdamn:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have gone with the old basic hockey puck looking jack pads with the center cut out about one half of the depth. I have found the Old Fart Racer's arthritic bones have made it tough enough to even use the Ford tow hooks, though I have figured a way to use them most of the time. In an enclosed trailer it is a royal pain, though those with open trailers find them quite handy, so I should preface that the hooks are a chore for those who drag the car to the track with an enclosed trailer.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bill

the only way I was able to eliminate Some of the pain with the Ford die downs was to attach them outside the trailer and run the straps through the front and rear tow hooks. Then drive the car in or out of the trailer. A large escape door of pan the drivers side works great. Passengers side….not so much.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
With an enclosed trailer and an escape door, strapping over the tire is easy on the drivers side only. The passenger side is impossible.

I see thatyou guys get these trailers built to your needs most of the time, Can you have the escape hatches on both sides?

I see lots of you guys get an enclosed trailers, what are the main reasons you get enclosed over open ones?

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The main reason for enclosed trailers are, the weather, storage, comfort and a place to stay. I roll the car out at the track and live out of the trailer. Many of my tools stay in trailer. Plug into shore power and the A/C with heat pump keeps ya comfortable.
The last event I did with an open trailer was in Virginia in November. The weather was fine in VA.. On the way home, not so nice. Snow, salt and road grime encased the car. Then I bought an enclosed trailer.

TMO Supporting Vendors