The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HELP!! Can't find brake pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HELP!!! It's racing season here in Florida and I can't find the brake pads I normally use. My track day Mustang has 6 piston Brembo's up front with 15" dia. 2013/14 GT500 rotors. I usually use Hawk DTC 60 pads (P/N HB805G.615) in the Brembo's. I run Hawk DTC 30's on the rear. The combination works fine for me. My problem is there isn't a set of Mustang Brembo Hawk DTC 60's to be had anywhere. They are back ordered at Hawk and won't be available until the latter part of April. 1) Does anyone know a place that has them in stock? I've had no luck. 2) If I can't get the Hawk's, what equivalent pad can anyone recommend (P/N would help) I get that will work with the DTC 30's at the rear?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
You need to go to call Tim at OPmustang.com in Florida. Hawk pads are not my favorite since they eat discs for dinner and too add insult to injury, the wear out fast... I guess thats why they are cheap. GLOC, EBC Carbotech Pagid all make much better pads in my humble opinion.

My budget favorite is the Gloc R18. And if I am rolling in money, then the Pagid Rst2 or RST3. The pagid RSL 29 works well on the street as well... Lasts for ever... it had better since its pretty pricey. A set of RSL29 will last over ten track hours.

That sounds frustrating. If you want to consider the Cobalt XR1's (similar to DTC 60/70 but friendlier on rotors) I have a brand new set for S550 6 piston brembos for sale. Everyone I know who has run them raves about them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Arizona
Cobalt XR1s are nice. I am running a set right now because Raybestos ST45s are on perpetual backorder. They are working fine with ST45s in back, much better than the DTC60 did, but not sure how they would pair with DTC30s.

You need to go to call Tim at OPmustang.com in Florida. Hawk pads are not my favorite since they eat discs for dinner and too add insult to injury, the wear out fast... I guess thats why they are cheap. GLOC, EBC Carbotech Pagid all make much better pads in my humble opinion.

My budget favorite is the Gloc R18. And if I am rolling in money, then the Pagid Rst2 or RST3. The pagid RSL 29 works well on the street as well... Lasts for ever... it had better since its pretty pricey. A set of RSL29 will last over ten track hours.
Spoke to Tim at OP Mustang. He recommended G-LOC R-12's over R-16's or 18's. I'm running 300 tread wear rated 285/35/19 Michelin PS4's because I have to drive 100 miles to tracks in rainy Florida. Tim's thought was that R-16's or 18's with Brembo 6 piston caliper and 15" rotors could over power Michelins and cause lock up lock up under hard braking. I didn't have that problem with DTC60's and I have ABS. Although I have some doubts I decided to go with the Pro's advice and ordered a set of R-12's. I'll post results after I have a chance to try them.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
HELP!!! It's racing season here in Florida and I can't find the brake pads I normally use. My track day Mustang has 6 piston Brembo's up front with 15" dia. 2013/14 GT500 rotors. I usually use Hawk DTC 60 pads (P/N HB805G.615) in the Brembo's. I run Hawk DTC 30's on the rear. The combination works fine for me. My problem is there isn't a set of Mustang Brembo Hawk DTC 60's to be had anywhere. They are back ordered at Hawk and won't be available until the latter part of April. 1) Does anyone know a place that has them in stock? I've had no luck. 2) If I can't get the Hawk's, what equivalent pad can anyone recommend (P/N would help) I get that will work with the DTC 30's at the rear?
You could try the DTC50s, if you can get them, not sure if they're still in production, I stocked up on them when the supply chains started to break down. I run them with DTC30 on the rear and they work very well, good stopping power and modulation and they stand up well to heat for track day use.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Spoke to Tim at OP Mustang. He recommended G-LOC R-12's over R-16's or 18's. I'm running 300 tread wear rated 285/35/19 Michelin PS4's because I have to drive 100 miles to tracks in rainy Florida. Tim's thought was that R-16's or 18's with Brembo 6 piston caliper and 15" rotors could over power Michelins and cause lock up lock up under hard braking. I didn't have that problem with DTC60's and I have ABS. Although I have some doubts I decided to go with the Pro's advice and ordered a set of R-12's. I'll post results after I have a chance to try them.
Thats very true, when I track the Boss with its TD340 dunlop street tires and the R18 pads, the tires have a really hard time doing anything.

TMO Supporting Vendors