The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help - do I have these BMR a arms set for "max caster?"

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I'm trying to do maximum caster, camber, and set the toe to 0. with that in mind, with the rear of the arm pulled full towards outer edge of the car, as pictured, is that maximum caster or minimum? Thanks!20211101_163210.jpg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I'm trying to do maximum caster, camber, and set the toe to 0. with that in mind, with the rear of the arm pulled full towards outer edge of the car, as pictured, is that maximum caster or minimum? Thanks!View attachment 69745
Yes.
However, I must ask you if you have the arms with the rod ends in the front or the bushing type.
If its the rod ends you are free to adjust away. If its the Bushing type I would be very careful about moving them very far from center as it could put the front bushing in a bind and these arms are known for breaking there due to angular loading/deflection of the front bushing under braking and cornering forces.
Putting it in a bind in steady state would compound this condition.

TMO Supporting Vendors