The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help on my PreProduction 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trying to figure out what number my 2012 Boss 302 is in the production, have a Marti report showing a production date of 10-26-2010, what number would my car be?

Vin is 1zvbp8cu8c5199899

The plate on the engine is backwards with a number of 2d94

Car is completion orange with white roof and stripes

Thanks for all your help

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have never seen an engine plate hand stamped. FOMOCO laser etched the one on my car.
The photos of the early production Boss I took at the Chicago show in Feb 2011 shows No Plate in the intake. Its possible someone added this later. I know spare plates were available, I have one.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Cant tell from the pics. The numbers etched into the block would tell you that. Could simply be an earlier owner added a plate for a very early car which had none.
Have you checked out the registration thread on this site to see if your vin pops up? Other sites?

The creamsicle! I always liked that color combo. Have you checked the registry thread to see if 2094 was posted in there? If it was a Pre Production or Media car it would not have been hand stamped like that. Maybe @jmbboss302 can help with this. My bet is the motor was replaced and they didn't remove the plate from the intake. When my motor was replaced the intake was also replaced and I made sure they removed the plate and installed it on the new intake.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/boss-registry-post-your-info-here.549/

The first cars were delivered in Feb March 2011. One of our members who had a low number got his car on 3/22/11. I remember that because it's my wife's birthday and I was on a biz trip in NY at the time. Your car with a 10/10 build date would be either a preproduction car or low number. That 2094 or 2d94 doesn't fit with the production date. My car was 1049 and was made in 6/11 and I took delivery in 7/11.

According to the Marti Report I just ordered, my car was built on 10/26/2010
The Order Type was: Product Planning & Styling Vehicle

Any help on what this was used for, or its sequence number in Production?

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
upload_2019-3-22_18-54-47.png
This is the show car, on stage at the 2011 Chicago auto show Feb 2011. No plate in the intake manifold. Note the fire suppression system add to meet fire code. Car was run inside during the show. Yours likely came without and had what is there now added later, not during production.

There is definitely no signs of the fire suppression system left in my car. I also just ordered the Boss 302 certificate from Ford Racing, it says my car is #0 of the 2012 Production run, I thought maybe it would say what P# it is. Is there any other way to figure out what Pilot number it would be? Car was sold at a Ford Auction in 2012 with 30k miles, so i'm assuming it was some sort of test car that was driven quiet extensively. Car now has just under 36k miles on it.

There is definitely no signs of the fire suppression system left in my car. I also just ordered the Boss 302 certificate from Ford Racing, it says my car is #0 of the 2012 Production run, I thought maybe it would say what P# it is. Is there any other way to figure out what Pilot number it would be? Car was sold at a Ford Auction in 2012 with 30k miles, so i'm assuming it was some sort of test car that was driven quiet extensively. Car now has just under 36k miles on it.

Yours is one of the following: 0003, 0004, 0006, 0007, or 0008 from 10/26/10. 0001, 0002 and 0005 are accounted for. 0009-0012 were built on 10/27.

The TMO member is still looking into this to see if he can determine your exact number. In the meantime the above info is as close as we can get for now.

TMO Supporting Vendors