The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hot off the press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Viking , I agree completely that this is likely personal views so I did respond to you offline. I am biased towards both makes in different ways since I am friends with some Engineers at Ford and some with Stellantis and their stories are so similar in upgrading engines and other items.

I believe we probably both like more things about each brand than we dislike, and I jumped in concerning the Hemi because it was to defend the SRT Engineers who I was close friends with ( many are retired now ) and I know of their constant struggles --- so similar to Ford Engineer's issues.

Have a good weekend.

Sounds like something the guys at the Babylon Bee would come up with.
also, I don't mind the content wondering on my posts.
Looks like the pony car days are dead but let's not forget a few things.
1. the mustang was a secretaries car until shelby got hold of it
2, the Z28 came into being because some guys in the engine shop put a 283 crank in a 327 block, then basically kidnapped a GM exec and gave him a ride in it.
3. yeah, the cuda/challenger was sort of a follow on to both the above, but putting a hemi in one and dominating Pro Stock with Sox and Martin was a master stroke.
I think what is missinhg in todays world is that while manufacturers "preach" innovation, none of them actually innovate. the college grads that run stuff and micro manage things allow innovation only in a specific area or realm, which means basically little or no innovation. A classic example of this is California in the 60 - 70s, totally out there whether it was cars or politics, now they are meak little followers of whatever the media tells them to do... a sad state of affairs

For those scoring at home, we are here..

Committees are, by nature, timid. They are based on the premise of safety in numbers; content to survive inconspicuously, rather than take risks and move independently ahead. Without independence, without the freedom for new ideas to be tried, to fail, and to ultimately succeed, the world will not move ahead, but rather live in fear of it's own potential

Ferdinand Porsche

NJ
Sounds like something the guys at the Babylon Bee would come up with.
also, I don't mind the content wondering on my posts.
Looks like the pony car days are dead but let's not forget a few things.
1. the mustang was a secretaries car until shelby got hold of it
2, the Z28 came into being because some guys in the engine shop put a 283 crank in a 327 block, then basically kidnapped a GM exec and gave him a ride in it.
3. yeah, the cuda/challenger was sort of a follow on to both the above, but putting a hemi in one and dominating Pro Stock with Sox and Martin was a master stroke.
I think what is missinhg in todays world is that while manufacturers "preach" innovation, none of them actually innovate. the college grads that run stuff and micro manage things allow innovation only in a specific area or realm, which means basically little or no innovation. A classic example of this is California in the 60 - 70s, totally out there whether it was cars or politics, now they are meak little followers of whatever the media tells them to do... a sad state of affairs

For those scoring at home, we are here..

Committees are, by nature, timid. They are based on the premise of safety in numbers; content to survive inconspicuously, rather than take risks and move independently ahead. Without independence, without the freedom for new ideas to be tried, to fail, and to ultimately succeed, the world will not move ahead, but rather live in fear of it's own potential

Ferdinand Porsche
Paralysis by analysis, as my Father would always say from his time with Ford. Drove him nuts as he was also a hardened car guy who just like to get stuff done with minimal fuss.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I went to public school, so please use small words and talk slowly, but what happens on April 1st?

Also, the GT3 spec of 1200-1300kg (2866#) makes it real interesting as to how they got so light. I've done a lil' bit of stripping and measured just about everything I've removed, and considering a cage is 150-175#, if that 2866 is fluids n' all, full race weight, driver or not... wow.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

From Motorsports.com​

NASCAR always looking ahead to the future​

At a ‘State of the Sport’ news conference last fall at Phoenix Raceway, NASCAR’s chief operating officer, Steve O’Donnell, said the sanctioning body was “still targeting 2024” at the earliest to introduce a separate exhibition electric vehicle series.

“The ideal world for NASCAR is you can show up at a race track and you can see any form of motorsports you want, any type of power, electric, hydrogen,” he said. “You want to see some loud engines going out there – that’s NASCAR, too.”

This was the discussion after the Phoenix race.

Nascar just recently moved to the “Pony Car”. Sedans were the norm. I would not worry about electric cars on the high banked tracks…….just yet. Lol.

I went to public school, so please use small words and talk slowly, but what happens on April 1st?

Also, the GT3 spec of 1200-1300kg (2866#) makes it real interesting as to how they got so light. I've done a lil' bit of stripping and measured just about everything I've removed, and considering a cage is 150-175#, if that 2866 is fluids n' all, full race weight, driver or not... wow.
The entire car is carbon with the possible exception of the tub, which if it follows the design of other Gt4 cars, would be aluminum.

TMO Supporting Vendors