The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How to make carbon fiber panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I get asked all the time about carbon fiber and how to make parts. So I did 2 little videos on the topic. These videos only scratch the surface in the world of composites, but give you a little idea. Hope you learn something and I'm sure there will be more questions so ask away.

This one is for basic vacuum bagging:

This one is for an infusion.

Cool.

Carbon fiber technology is an art in itself. My hat goes off to everyone involved in this field! It will surly expand in the future. Investors take note!

Yup. I leave for a composites expo the day after I get back from PRI. The industry as a whole is very young (compared to legacy materials like steel and aluminum) so stuff is changing so fast. There always new stuff coming out.

AJ, where is a place to source the material?, there used to be a large fiberglass supplier down here but they went out of business.

I get all my stuff from several sources. I actually started a website where I blog about composite related topics. The link below has the links to just about all the companies I grab consumable materials from.

http://thecompositesblog.com/partners/

TMO Supporting Vendors