The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hub centric ring - tig in place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked up a set of used Flowone 18x11 wheels. They came with "hubcentric" plastic rings. Obviously I'm not going to use those for the track. The wheels have a weird 79.5 bore = well that's what I measured. I'm having trouble finding 79.5 OD 70.5 ID aluminum rings other than custom made for like 100 bucks plus the ride.

I found these on the zonn. I wonder If we center my nephew can tig in place right to the wheel. That way I don't have to worry about playing with the rings when I change wheels.
https://www.amazon.com/NB-AERO-Alum...47&s=automotive&sprefix=,automotive,61&sr=1-7

Thoughts? And thanks!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
check out motorsport-tech. great company and quality. They do spacers and rings

edit to add: just saw that it is the same $100 you mentioned. nevermind then

I have the ford racing hubs up front, regular studs in the back and OP racing lugs. I have to do a wheel swap and check. It's all going to depend on how well the wheels are machined in the lug pocket. If they center I should be OK and call it "lugcentric" .
I would, in real life, I've stacked 4 or more spacers on wheels, bolted them up with the ARP studs and shipped it. Hub centric is nice, but not always possible

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel