The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I did what I said I wouldn't - suspension parts are in route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss_302 said:
cloud9 said:
Who makes those springs?

Eibach is making the springs..........

I basicly had on my old car what you are putting onto your Boss, you will like it!

I'll sit and wait a few more months and see what's happens.
Good to hear you liked that kit. I had the FR3 package on my GT500 before the Griggs and coilovers. This will be a happy medium somewhere in between since I'm going with spherical bearings on the control arms instead of poly, but not going to coilovers.

Boss_302 said:
I'm going to sit on the fence until these come out, FRPP should also have them if you need it to say Ford.........

Springs.jpg
I talked to a guy at Eibach two weeks ago and they had a LS in their shop at the time for testing new springs. I'll try and call the guy tomorrow for an update.

Boss_302 said:
I'm going to sit on the fence until these come out, FRPP should also have them if you need it to say Ford.........
I talked to a guy in technical and he said they had measured the springs on the LS but haven’t confirmed fitment of their springs on a Boss 302. The springs do fit other existing Mustangs so they don’t expect any issues. He said both their Pro-Kit and Sportline Kit would reduce body roll and brake dive over the LS springs. There are a couple of guys at SVT and TMS that have already installed these springs. They lower the car as follows:

Pro-Kit part #35125.140
F=14 mm
R=24 mm

Sportline Kit #4.12535
F=22 mm
R=46mm

On their website they show springs in development for the Boss with different part numbers. He also had no idea about the FR springs. I called Paul Brown again today and missed him. With all of that I'm still going to wait to buy the FRPP springs.

http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/cms/products_application_look_up

Edit: well after reading the thread on the other site they obviously installed the Sportline springs. Not sure why the guy didn't tell me that.

5 DOT 0 said:
Boss_302 said:
I talked to a guy in technical and he said they had measured the springs on the LS but haven’t confirmed fitment of their springs on a Boss 302. The springs do fit other existing Mustangs so they don’t expect any issues. He said both their Pro-Kit and Sportline Kit would reduce body roll and brake dive over the LS springs. There are a couple of guys at SVT and TMS that have already installed these springs. They lower the car as follows:

Pro-Kit part #35125.140
F=14 mm
R=24 mm

Sportline Kit #4.12535
F=22 mm
R=46mm

On their website they show springs in development for the Boss with different part numbers. He also had no idea about the FR springs. I called Paul Brown again today and missed him. With all of that I'm still going to wait to buy the FRPP springs.

http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/cms/products_application_look_up

Edit: well after reading the thread on the other site they obviously installed the Sportline springs. Not sure why the guy didn't tell me that.

Rick, any idea which spring will provide better handling?

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
The spring rates are the same and the Sportlines lower your car more so will be better from a CG perspective. The guy suggested the Sportlines. Lowering your car more leads to other issues though.

other issues? anything other than clearance?

i guess adjustable panhard bar is a must. are there other modifications needed for the sportlines? thanks Rick.

ihatepotholess said:
5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
The spring rates are the same and the Sportlines lower your car more so will be better from a CG perspective. The guy suggested the Sportlines. Lowering your car more leads to other issues though.

other issues? anything other than clearance?

i guess adjustable panhard bar is a must. are there other modifications needed for the sportlines? thanks Rick.
I haven't installed any springs so I don't know but I would imagine an adjustable panhard bar will be needed.

That's what I thought, but he said no. In addition he said nothing needed to for bumpsteer. IDK. I guess we will find out after more miles are put on these cars.

ihatepotholess said:
93 LX 5.0 said:
According to a member on another forum all that was changed was the sprngs and bumpstops. Nothing else required.

thanks! any suggestion on the bumpstops?
Just cut the stock ones.

I want to lower my car a little but not slam it because I don't want the issues that come along with slamming. I'm more interested in having less body roll and brake dive on the track. I'm still patiently........waiting for the FRPP springs. ::)

Also it looks like the Vorshlag camber plates should be ready to ship in a week or so. I'll start another thread on them.

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
93 LX 5.0 said:
According to a member on another forum all that was changed was the sprngs and bumpstops. Nothing else required.

thanks! any suggestion on the bumpstops?
Just cut the stock ones.

I want to lower my car a little but not slam it because I don't want the issues that come along with slamming. I'm more interested in having less body roll and brake dive on the track. I'm still patiently........waiting for the FRPP springs. ::)

Also it looks like the Vorshlag camber plates should be ready to ship in a week or so. I'll start another thread on them.

didn't you say the FRPP springs are rebranded eibach springs? i guess i'll wait to see all the options. i know i'll mess it up if i do the cutting myself. do you know where can i find quality bumpstops replacements? thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel