The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I did what I said I wouldn't - suspension parts are in route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I reached the tipping point last weekend at MPH. The brake dive and body roll on quick transitions was getting to me now that I'm harnessed into the race seat and not bracing myself before every turn. Moving closer to an "S". At some point I'll have to price window nets.

Boss 302S suspension parts list:
FRPP 302S Rear LCAs M-5649-S
FRPP Rear LCA relo brackets M-5650-A
FRPP Lowering Springs M-5300-P
FRPP Dampers M-18000-C
FRPP Adj panhard bar M-4264-A
FRPP Jounce Bumpers M-5570-A
FRPP Swaybars M-5490-A
Steeda Competition 3rd link 555-4106
Steeda Spherical Bearing 555-4104

The wife's not going to like riding in the Boss much anymore ;D

I knew it...... ::)

Parts list looks good Gary! Where did you get it all from? I hear a ball joint kit and bump steer kit are a good idea when lowering the vehicle. Any plans for this?

More stuff to get........ :mad:

adam81 said:
I knew it...... ::)

Parts list looks good Gary! Where did you get it all from? I hear a ball joint kit and bump steer kit are a good idea when lowering the vehicle. Any plans for this?

More stuff to get........ :mad:
Capaldi Racing and they've been great to work with so far.

There's a new bumpsteer and ball joint kit coming out in a few weeks from FRPP that is part of an entire front LCA replacement, so I'm holding off for that ;) I will also do the front LCA bushings M-5638-C then.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the differences, PIONEER! :)

I have the Roush Track Pak kit sitting in my garage waiting to go on at some point...after those are done, probably a set of the Multimatic or JRZ 3-way dampers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

cloud9 said:
At some point I'll have to price window nets.
Here are the matching nets for your harnesses. ;)

http://www.lpiracing.com/Crow-Window-Nets-c2401.htm

Capaldi Racing are good people. Who did you deal with over there?

Is Ford Racing coming out with a different front lower control arm or just some of the parts you mentioned?

adam81 said:
Capaldi Racing are good people. Who did you deal with over there?

Is Ford Racing coming out with a different front lower control arm or just some of the parts you mentioned?
I have talked with Craig, Leo and Sandy.

Yes.

drano38

Wayne
So how many pairs of shoes for the wife did that cost? ;D

I'll be looking for you to post faster times at MPH during the Roundup.

Ching ,Ching!
Calpaldi racing is doing the support for my friends race team in Grand Am.The are the consummate pro race team.They have strong ties to Ford racing.I spoke with Leo last week about what fluids he recommend for my new Boss.Very knowledgeable fellow.
They dominated spec racing for years!

Who makes those springs? I hear you about sitting on the fence as that's what I've been doing for more than a year now. I've just been sitting on it longer than most since my car shipped with the first batch and I've had so many track days in this car now that I'm overwhelming the stock suspension. It won't be quite as aggressive as the Griggs torque arm, Watts link and coilovers as my GT500, but it should really firm things up and significantly improve track handling.

cloud9 said:
I reached the tipping point last weekend at MPH. The brake dive and body roll on quick transitions was getting to me now that I'm harnessed into the race seat and not bracing myself before every turn. Moving closer to an "S". At some point I'll have to price window nets.

FRPP Dampers M-18000-C
FRPP Swaybars M-5490-A

What no ZF SACHS RD 45-2 Racing dampers? :D

cloud9 said:

FRPP Dampers M-18000-C
FRPP Swaybars M-5490-A

Very nice Gary! I'm starting to wonder if it would have been easier just to call Paul Brown and buy a 302R from him. Lol

TMO Supporting Vendors