The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I'm lowering my 2012 GT. What all suspension components do I need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new here and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm going to be lowering my 2012 GT with a set of H&R RSS coil overs and I'm wondering what all other components I'll need to keep my suspension geometry where it needs to be. The car is going to be tracked occasionally. For the front, I have an adjustable bump steer kit and adjustable sway bar end links. For the rear, I have an adjustable panhard bar. What else am I going to need? I have a feeling that I'm going to need an adjustable rear upper control arm (third link) and either adjustable rear lower control arms or lower control arm relocation brackets. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

the PHB and possibly the upper arm is all you really need for the rear, you don't need plates for the fronts, unless you need a bunch of camber in it..which you may for the track. I just did this swap with Ford Racing parts and all I did was center the diff and take it to an alignment shop afterword. They dialed in some extra camber and it was good to go. That was an 07 Shelby.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don't think the trailing arms need to be adjustable. I prefer rubber bushings over poly, if you aren't going to heim joints. Rear brackets are a good idea since you are lowering it. I don't think you *need* an upper arm.

For the front, I think tall ball joints make sense if you are lowering the front more than 1" from stock GT geometry.

Thanks to the two of yall for responding. I appreciate the advice. I wound up getting an adjustable upper arm and LCA relocation brackets.

TMO Supporting Vendors