The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

July 25-26 Laguna Seca 103db weekend NCRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The price is right. Ive never ran with this organization before. Good experience?

Overall pretty good. People who run with NRC have been a good crowd.

Not as tight as HOD but better than most. New owners this year so they are trying new things to make it better (such as a staged grid by lap times). So some tweaking is happening to sort out the kinks.

great value and I like running with them. Usually have at least a couple of GT350 there.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Overall pretty good. People who run with NRC have been a good crowd.

Not as tight as HOD but better than most. New owners this year so they are trying new things to make it better (such as a staged grid by lap times). So some tweaking is happening to sort out the kinks.

great value and I like running with them. Usually have at least a couple of GT350 there.
I wish all HPDE run groups would stage by lap times. Makes a HUGE difference in how the sessions flow. Nothing worse than slow cars that are early to grid and you spend 3/4’s of a session working through traffic. This is all magnified now with virtual drivers meetings and lack of download meetings post session - no chance to provide feedback to guys that forget what a point by is. Just this simple adjustment groups cars of similar pace, and everyone can enjoy their hard-spent track time a little more.

Bay Area
I wish all HPDE run groups would stage by lap times. Makes a HUGE difference in how the sessions flow. Nothing worse than slow cars that are early to grid and you spend 3/4’s of a session working through traffic. This is all magnified now with virtual drivers meetings and lack of download meetings post session - no chance to provide feedback to guys that forget what a point by is. Just this simple adjustment groups cars of similar pace, and everyone can enjoy their hard-spent track time a little more.
Man isn't that the truth. One of my events at Sonoma a SLOW guy in an exotic had his flashers on and he would not let anyone pass. He had a fast car so he would speed up on the straights and slam on the brakes in the turns. Fortunately, it was right before virtual meetings so during the download I was nice and made a statement about that and he got the point. Last time i ws a Thunder Hill it was like everyone forgot how to drive and what flags meant and that was an event where you had to bob and weave to get around the slower drivers.

Open group still has some spots. But not many. Looks like a great weekend. Need to put on new pads and swap tires this weekend.

I would say for people to stop by and say ‘hello’ but sounds like they pretty much want people to limit movement around the pits.

TMO Supporting Vendors