The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca 105dB Question:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Austin, TX
I have a couple of events scheduled at Laguna Seca in August and September with a 105dB limit. I am curious about what some of you have experienced with regard to sound. For starters, do any of you know what the Multimatic Ford GT4 registers at the sound booth above 4000 RPM? While my car is not a GT4, it has a pretty similar level.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Reno, NV
I don't know about GT4 but my boss 302 does not trigger 92db with all 4 pipes open.

I have a couple of events scheduled at Laguna Seca in August and September with a 105dB limit. I am curious about what some of you have experienced with regard to sound. For starters, do any of you know what the Multimatic Ford GT4 registers at the sound booth above 4000 RPM? While my car is not a GT4, it has a pretty similar level.
Sound at Laguna Seca depends on weather. If you run on an overcast day sound reflects off marine layer and will read a lot higher than on a clear day. Not knowing how your exhaust is configured its hard to recommend tricks to beat meter at turn 5. It also depends on which group you run with. SCCA is the most restrictive. I ran lots of HPDE events at Laguna Seca in a Corvette and had no problem. When I went to SCCA drivers school in same car I was flagged immediately for sound violation.

TMO Supporting Vendors