The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Limp mode question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cantley
Noob question. I did perform a search but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.
2019 GT base with 305 squared MPS4S.
Last time at the track my car lost a lot of power (in the middle of the right hand turn carousel) and I saw the flashing check engine light. Ambient temperature 55 degrees, first session. This never happened to me before. I immediately lifted and pitted. The light disappeared.
Not knowing what was going on I scrapped the rest of the evening and went home. Power came back and the car feels fine now.
1- if I understand well, I can go to a garage and they will read the code and be able to tell me what caused this flashing check engine light?
Thanks!
J

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel