The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Love and hate black cars - water spots.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was at the families camp and grabbed an RV filter. Hopefully it cuts down on the water spots a bit. I'm kinda slow when drying sometimes. I'll update when I decide to wash the car . I think these are Wally World brand 20 bucks for 2.
KIMG5319.JPG

KIMG5320.JPG

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
They do help. I used to use one of these. Drying towels also help. While the the car is wet, it spray on a detainers spray and dry with a microfiber drying towel, works for me.
I put a double hose bib, hot and cold water, in my attached garage. The water runs through a whole house filter and softener system. Washing the car with warm water on cold days is a plus. The water does not evaporate as quickly. I also hate water spots.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin

When the car is wet hit it with this. A couple of sprays per door and hood. This will not only help as a drying aid it will also add a layer of protection to prevent future spots.

If the water is super hard and you find more and more water spots. Use this while washing the car. Cant use it all the time but it will remove them. Just use your soap in your bucket after the wash.

Its like a clay bar however not as aggressive.

Was at the families camp and grabbed an RV filter. Hopefully it cuts down on the water spots a bit. I'm kinda slow when drying sometimes. I'll update when I decide to wash the car . I think these are Wally World brand 20 bucks for 2.
View attachment 77885

View attachment 77884
Well this filter did nothing.... I have a canister that screws inline ,holds 10" filters. Will maybe get a deionizer cartridge. Y off the spout wash and rinse with regular H20. Flip sides with a cheapo 25 ft stretchy hose for final rinse- just enough to rinse off the regular tsp water. I see those deionizer cartridges don't last too long.

Or just move my azz faster when I'm drying.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin

these work, but expensive.

CA
Clay bar, Compound/polish your car and ceramic coat it if you want to 1/4 your drying time. Once you do this you can dry it with an electric blower (ie ryobi, milwaukee, etc.) in 2-3 mins. 98% of the water will come off.

For the remaining 2%, hit it with a drying aid as described above. Ammo HYDRATE, Turtle wax Seal and shine, etc. all work great.

That's almost the same filter I tried except it's a 5 micron vs 20 micron on the Camco.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Va...e-Camping-Garden-Bathtub-Use-F200-2/289754740

The stang just got a good coat of insulator wax. I got stuck in a rain storm on Sunday and not a single water mark and hardly any dirt residue. The problem I have is the total dissolved solids - primarily calcium from the city water. The only way to get that out is deionzation. I'll just wash the car early AM or last PM when the is minimal sun.

these work, but expensive.
Those are really nice but like you said expensive. The refills for the deionizing filters are expensive also.

This is the cheapest system out there.

TMO Supporting Vendors