The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

low buck fuel port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

so, I had to get the yellow mustang teched and i needed a fuel sample port. There was one on there.. sort of.. but was down by the exhaust, and was not easily managed. The tech guy suggested I call Pegasus Racing.
The hi zoot tees are very expensive quick disconnect pieces, and I'm just a low buck guy, so here's what we did.

down by the block was an existing tee, possibly factory, not real sure, I plumbed into this with a steel braid hose
View attachment 6988120211104_113026.jpg

I then installed this bit of genius, a viton sealed nipple, that you can compress and it will allow fuel to flow out of it

View attachment 6988220211104_113012.jpg

I then installed another tee so that I could dump the fuel away from the hot engine compartment, the extra port is to install a fuel pressure gauge for diagnostics
View attachment 6988320211104_115553.jpg

I have $40 in the whole thing, not including the mysterious lower tee.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There are times reading your ingenuity and cost savings ideas that I wish you were close to me - we all like less expensive things that allow us more money for tires, wheels, shocks, brake pads, etc.!

There are times reading your ingenuity and cost savings ideas that I wish you were close to me - we all like less expensive things that allow us more money for tires, wheels, shocks, brake pads, etc.!
Well, I've never had the $$ to do it any other way, that's why I admire the guy building the Boss down in NZ, the guy putting the 3valve into the 99 and other builds. I've built a ton of cars out of junkyards, so I try to pass that knowledge base on.

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Did you happen to have the sealed nipple on hand, or why did you choose it over a ball valve? Just trying to gain knowledge.

Did you happen to have the sealed nipple on hand, or why did you choose it over a ball valve? Just trying to gain knowledge.
no I didn't it came from Pegasus, I guess a ball valve would've worked, but this has less weight flopping around at the end of that fuel hose, and IMO less potential for leaks. It's tie wrapped up, so it doesn't bounce around much, so a BV might work.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Michigan
Well, I've never had the $$ to do it any other way, that's why I admire the guy building the Boss down in NZ, the guy putting the 3valve into the 99 and other builds. I've built a ton of cars out of junkyards, so I try to pass that knowledge base on.

Keeping hotrodding alive. Goodonya! I feel we are cut from the same cloth, Rob.

TMO Supporting Vendors