The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering my 2012 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let me add the following since I can no longer edit my post:

Ford M-5300-T Spring kit
Ford M-4264-A Panhard Bar
ROVOS Durban Wheels, Front 20X8.5, Rear 20X10
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s Tires
Front P255/35-20, Rear P295/30-20
Starkey Boss/CS Lower Valence Fog Light Kit
Saleen Style Grill

drano38

Wayne
Looks great!
And I like the Saleen grill -- I have one too. Where did you get it? I thought all the Saleen ones were gone.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Iowa
Well guys, thanks to your help I was able to successfully complete my quest to lower my Boss without going crazy. The COVID-19 crisis delayed my final execution, but I finally got the car done and was able to take a few pictures. I went with the Ford parts, M-5300-T Spring kit and the Ford M-4264-A Panhard Bar. Installation was pretty straightforward, a buddy of mine let me use a lift in his shop on a Saturday and other than him compressing the springs for the swap on the front I was able to do most of the job myself. The drop in the front was minimal and the drop in the rear satisfactorily closed the wheel well gap that was driving me crazy! Then to the alignment shop to get the thrust angle right and off we go! Hardest part of the upgrade was finding center caps to fit the 20" Rovos wheels. I ended up sourcing the parts separately, the caps from one vendor and the running pony emblems from another. I am very pleased with the look, and the ride. I really appreciate all the input and guidance in steering me in the right direction.

You will notice that I also changed the look of the front of the car. One thing I never liked about these cars when they first came out in 2012 was the faux ducts for the air and brake intakes. I was able to source a Saleen style grill and light kit which could be installed without any modifications to the front bumper cover. I had someone make me the BOSS 302 decal to fit the grill. I think it looks pretty cool.

Here is the car:

View attachment 17506

View attachment 17507

View attachment 17508

View attachment 17509
Stance looks great. I installed the Ford Performance (blue) Lowering springs and the foglights as well. I personally really like the Boss grill and would never change it out, but the Saleen looks nice on your build. Enjoy!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel