The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering Spring Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
thehueypilot said:
I only have bad luck when I let other people work on my car. I guess I have standards and they don't?

Tim

That's pretty bad scratching for something that doesn't even need to be pushed hard once the right nuts are loosened. Maybe they tried to adjust it while the suspension was loaded.

I guess this is another reason why I do my own alignment.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
That scratching is terrible and sorry that happened to you. Glad to hear that they will refund your bill and pay for the refinish of your shock tower.

Looking at the second pic of your camber plate, I see that MM name tag does this have a function? Also do you get much of a Caster adjustment with the MM plates?

I went with the Steeda HD Camber Plates as I only wanted the Camber adjustment, but came close to buying the MM plates.

Thanks
Dave
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
That scratching is terrible and sorry that happened to you. Glad to hear that they will refund your bill and pay for the refinish of your shock tower.

Looking at the second pic of your camber plate, I see that MM name tag does this have a function? Also do you get much of a Caster adjustment with the MM plates?

I went with the Steeda HD Camber Plates as I only wanted the Camber adjustment, but came close to buying the MM plates.

Thanks
Dave
302 Hi Pro

They have not refunded anything yet but I am patiently waiting. The "support brackets" which they are called out in the MM instructions I guess have the function of covering up the slotted hole which gives the locking nut a more stable base to sit on and drawing your attention to the fact you have MM adjustable CC plates? Below is the range of adjustment from the MM instructions.

1.6-degree continuous range of camber adjustment provides alignment correction on lowered cars, and is adjustable without affecting caster.
• 0.7-degree continuous range of caster adjustment provides correction for OEM production tolerances.
• Caster and camber are easily adjusted at the top of the strut tower.
• Teflon® lined spherical bearing eliminates deflection and precisely locates the strut shaft, while still allowing the required articulation.
• All parts are either plated or powder coated for great looks and long lasting protection.
• Lifetime warranty against spherical bearing or plate failure.

Tim

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
302 Hi Pro said:

That tag is a bracket that locates the Caster setting, which is pretty small. +/- 0.35 degrees IIRC.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Thanks for the info on the MM plates, they are a popular choice. I do like the improved bearings used in both plates.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Domestic Product said:
Totally unacceptable , make them fix it or pay to do so and never go back.

One other minor point.

They used the original nuts from ford.

Should have used the nylon nuts supplied with the plates. The nylon nuts should last longer if adjusting the alignment often.

Wow, that looks pretty bad!
Reasons to avoid dealers just keep piling up. IMO, if you don't know the tech personally, then I wouldn't trust dealers at all.

Hope they stick to their word and you get reimbursed quickly.

TMO Supporting Vendors