The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 LS3 Pony Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Topeka was great. I ended up running a 1:54.03 my first session out. Unfortunately I couldn’t get any clean laps the rest of the day to try and go faster. I was the first car out in intermediate and caught traffic as I started my second lap:rolleyes:
I think I’m gonna bump up to Advanced next time around.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Updates.

We ran our last event of the season here in Kansas City. I didn't do near as well as I had hoped but I feel it was respectable given the turnout. I finished 1st in CAM-T and then 7th overall in PAX and 15th overall RAW out of 143 drivers.

My wife came with me this time and got a few good shots of the car including one lifting the front wheel.
_DSC3940.jpg
_DSC3964.jpg
_DSC4063.jpg

Also one with the pit crew.
IMG_8458.JPG

Official Results
event10PAX.JPG
event10RAW.JPG

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I've also started on the offseason upgrades. A couple months back I called Maier Racing to see if they were still willing to make some of their SN95 fender flares, turns out they were. I'm also upgrading to some Rocket Racing 18x11's so I can run 315's next season.
IMG_5457.jpg
IMG_5459.jpg
B54C5EE9-A9DD-4D1E-8A1F-D0CA7E5414C9.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX
Topeka was great. I ended up running a 1:54.03 my first session out. Unfortunately I couldn’t get any clean laps the rest of the day to try and go faster. I was the first car out in intermediate and caught traffic as I started my second lap:rolleyes:
I think I’m gonna bump up to Advanced next time around.

Man, is that speed data real?? How much whp are you pushing??!!

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Yesterday I got my new tires mounted on my old wheels and my old tires mounted on my new wheels. The new tires are Kumho V730's in 275/35-18, these are going to be my track and street driving tires. They went on my old 18x10.5 wheels. The 275's are slightly stretched on the 10.5's and would probably be better on a 10" wheel. I think Kumho's tend to run a little narrow though too.
IMG_5794.jpg

My old 295/30-18 Yokohama's went on my new Rocket Racing 18x11's. The 295 Yoks are perfectly square on the 11" wheels. These tires still have some left left in them and they're way too expensive not to use so I'm going to run these the first half of next season and then upgrade to 315's before Nationals. Here's a couple comparison pictures of the 295's on 10.5's vs 11's.
IMG_5790.jpg
IMG_5789.jpg
IMG_5792.jpg
IMG_5793.jpg

The new Kumho's on the back of the trailer here.
IMG_5787.jpg

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Next I started working on getting the fender flares mounted. I notched out the front fenders to give more room to the wider wheels.
IMG_5812.jpg

Maier recommended using panel bond adhesive to mount these. I just used some stainless bolts #becauseracecar. Here is the front passenger mounted.
IMG_5814.jpg
IMG_5815.jpg

The flares didn't match the Roush bumper very well so I had to massage them a little to fit tight to the bumper. They also cover up where my Dzus fasteners were so I'm going to have to make a couple new brackets to mount the bumper. Here's before and after trimming.
IMG_5820.jpg
IMG_5821.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Not much to update lately. Just trying to make it through the crappy midwest winter weather with my sanity. I did get signed up for LS Fest Texas again and hotel reserved so I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing what changes they make this year to the event. Not to mention we didn't have the best of luck last year with the fan issue.
IMG_6946.jpg

We also had our Kansas City Region awards banquet. CAM-T isn't a very big class here locally but I did win the class for the first time officially. I technically won last year but I didn't meet the minimum number of events to qualify. Our season starts in April so I think all I'm going to end up getting done this year is changing the fluids. I might try to get the new brakes put on the front but I need to have my caliper brackets machined down and buy rotors before I can do that. We'll see what happens.
IMG_0261.jpeg
bag.JPG

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Very nice. Can't tell if it's a jacket, helmet bag, or something else. I always like to get ideas for season champion trophies for my local club.

Yesterday I got my new tires mounted on my old wheels and my old tires mounted on my new wheels. The new tires are Kumho V730's in 275/35-18, these are going to be my track and street driving tires. They went on my old 18x10.5 wheels. The 275's are slightly stretched on the 10.5's and would probably be better on a 10" wheel. I think Kumho's tend to run a little narrow though too.
View attachment 81343

My old 295/30-18 Yokohama's went on my new Rocket Racing 18x11's. The 295 Yoks are perfectly square on the 11" wheels. These tires still have some left left in them and they're way too expensive not to use so I'm going to run these the first half of next season and then upgrade to 315's before Nationals. Here's a couple comparison pictures of the 295's on 10.5's vs 11's.
View attachment 81346
View attachment 81347
View attachment 81344
View attachment 81345

The new Kumho's on the back of the trailer here.
View attachment 81348
About how many runs are you getting out of a set of A052's? The 295s definitely look happy on the 11 inch wheel. I'm considering taking the plunge but worried about how poorly they will hold up with the lack of rear camber..

TMO Supporting Vendors