The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mcleod Street Pro clutch on stock flywheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Has anyone asked Mcleod why their 6 bolt clutch kit can't be used on a stock flywheel? Centerforce does this. The 6 bolt pattern appears to be the same. Looks like McLeod is supplying a 6 bolt flywheel. Is there more to it? They're closed today. So I thought I would throw it out here for fun. :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I talked to a Mcleod technician. He said they require their flywheel to use the 6 bolt pattern and use a better grade bolt. He said Ford was having issues with the 6 bolt pattern because they didn't use good enough bolts.

If that is all it is, I don't agree that the stock flywheel can't be used unless they have a depth tolerance issue with their 6 hole PP. The 6 hole pattern is the same on both flywheels.
Its to expensive to do my own experiments, so I'm going to pass on the Mcleod product.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel