13Boss#3328 said:So bottom line, with primarily performance in mind, what springs do you think will be a good performance match with Koni sports?
I drive to and from the track only with rare occasions on the weekends.
1. FRPP "P" springs - endorsed by several members of BMO
2. MM Road & Track springs (435HO) - endorsed by Maximum Motorsports
3. Steeda Sport springs - endorsed by Stranoparts
4. Steeda Ultralight springs - endorsed by Stranoparts
Hmm, lots of matched sets. Maybe Steeda Ultralights? Let's cross this with the manufacturer. Steeda definitively says get that magical sweet-spot by matching their Ultalight springs with...drum roll please...
1. OEM stock dampers here: http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-boss-302-mustang-handling-package-555-2377/ (which is basically my choice of components for a "minimal" upgrade)
2. FRPP 161-M-18000-A "A good match for our Ultra-lite...springs." But I won't bother with a link, because we know from my experience that our Boss dampers are better than these.
3. 555-8405-11 - Steeda Pro-Action Mustang Shocks and Struts here: http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-pro-action-ultra-lite-spring-mustang-suspension-package-555-8412/ - Now here we have what must be a bona fide "matched set" of components (even says so right in the description). Yes!
Quiz: Find the matched set with the magical sweet-spot.
I made this post to illustrate how some people disagree about what is helpful. Some will look at this list and say it is helpful, because it gives a clear set of choices in which they can have confidence (at least wrt function, if not performance), because the source of the information is from trusted tuners. But I look at this list and see a bloody mess. In simple terms:
Strano: You want Koni Sports? Use Steeda Ultralights.
Steeda: You want to use Ultralights? Use Steeda dampers.