The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MP numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTRocks said:
7500RPM, have/can you post pics of the differences?

Hello PTRocks:

After comparing the splitter of PP0001 with my other '12 LS that does not have the splitter installed it became apparent that they are exactly the same size and design.

The mistake I made was comparing the installed splitter on PP0001 with my '13 Boss LS#114 and of course the splitters on the '13 models are 2 inches shorter in depth from the front of the splitter to the rear of the splitter. I am not sure if this change by Ford was made due to issues with the '12 cars having clearance issues of if the '13 body design caused that? I think that possibly the '12 model splitters were a little too long and created clearance issues therefore the change to only 14" from front to back for these splitters instead of 16" on the '12 models. I will post pictures of the exhaust tips as soon as I get a chance to take some pictures of them.

Lastly, the 2 window stickers I have for PP0001 are quite different. The window sticker issued on 2010 shows the vehicle as described as a "2012 GT Coupe Boss" and as a 2 passenger car with a Boss racing package. Laguna Seca was not mentioned anywhere on the window sticker. It also shows "Vehicle Not For Sale" in 2 places with no EPA fuel economy, no government safety ratings and of course no pricing since the car shows being sold to "Ford Motor Company" at 16800 Executive Plaza Drive in Dearborn and shipped to "Diversified Service Tech 34364 Goddard Road in Romulus.

The 2012 window sticker (11/14/12)describes the car as a "2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca" along with pricing, EPA fuel economy estimates, government safety ratings and other changes from the 2010 window sticker.

Thanks for all of the information that you and others have provided here for these cars.

8)

I just purchased a 2013 Boss with # MP0002. I found it was driven by a ford exec. It looks perfect all around, not a mark on it. Before I purchased it I talked with Ford Racing people and found it was used for some PR work and that there was less than 50 made ( 44 was what he thought ). They also guessed that 2013 had a total of 24 MP's out for sale. Knowing this I believe it will help its value down the road. Have window sticker and waiting for build sheet. Window sticker interestingly says sold to Ford.

NFSBOSS said:
I believe the MP stands for Manufacturer Prototype and I have no idea if they will be more collectible.

Apparently someone thinks they are collectable: http://butmanford.com/Ann-Arbor/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Mustang/2013-Boss-302-Yellow-Car/16504928/

sully157 said:
I just purchased a 2013 Boss with # MP0002. I found it was driven by a ford exec. It looks perfect all around, not a mark on it. Before I purchased it I talked with Ford Racing people and found it was used for some PR work and that there was less than 50 made ( 44 was what he thought ). They also guessed that 2013 had a total of 24 MP's out for sale. Knowing this I believe it will help its value down the road. Have window sticker and waiting for build sheet. Window sticker interestingly says sold to Ford.

Sully, you still got MP0002 as I just looked at a Black Boss 302 LS that is MP0002 and it is sitting on a car lot for sale???

VIN is 5199955.

Last time I looked it had 3783 miles on it and was in pretty nice shape with splitter, trans cooler scoop, brake duct hoses all on the car.

Harry

:)

I just wanted to chime in and say hello and I am the proud owner of 2012 Boss 302 CO/B MP0006. With Recaros/torsen. It currently has 6100k on it. I bought it at David Ragan Ford in Perry, GA. Last 5 of Vin 99984. I got a steal on it and didn't realize the number or the fact that it was a MP until after I bought it. Dealer didn't know either. I guess you can say I got lucky. I am excited to be a part of another mustang forum.

Black on Boss said:
I just wanted to chime in and say hello and I am the proud owner of 2012 Boss 302 CO/B MP0006. With Recaros/torsen. It currently has 6100k on it. I bought it at David Ragan Ford in Perry, GA. Last 5 of Vin 99984. I got a steal on it and didn't realize the number or the fact that it was a MP until after I bought it. Dealer didn't know either. I guess you can say I got lucky. I am excited to be a part of another mustang forum.
Welcome to BMO and post of photos of your car and the intake number when you get a chance.

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome to BMO and post of photos of your car and the intake number when you get a chance.

I definitely will. All I have now is the pics from the dealership website BC my s4 has a camera update glitch until I can take it to Verizon on Tuesday. Also how do I post pics on here? I normally use an app for my forums that is free. Is there a free app for this site that is Android friendly? Thanks guys.

Black on Boss said:
I definitely will. All I have now is the pics from the dealership website BC my s4 has a camera update glitch until I can take it to Verizon on Tuesday. Also how do I post pics on here? I normally use an app for my forums that is free. Is there a free app for this site that is Android friendly? Thanks guys.
Read post #3 in at the link below for instructions on how to post photos.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

Can the Vin number match the plaque under the hood on the LS? I have a 2012 LS #005 and the last number of the Vin are 005.

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner
I just brought home a 2012 Laguna Seca that is numbered MP0005. It has 14k miles on it and appears to be in pretty good shape. Last digits of the vin are 199947. The splitter has a few scuffs on it but nothing upsetting. Paint is not bad either a few minor scratches that can be fixed easily. Bought it at O.C. Welch in Hardeeville, SC. Great guy to deal with. Love the car so far! It's a black one with the red stripes full vin is: 1ZVPB8CU4C5199947 Not sure how to add photos here. 8)

johnrehder said:
I just brought home a 2012 Laguna Seca that is numbered MP0005. It has 14k miles on it and appears to be in pretty good shape. Last digits of the vin are 199947. The splitter has a few scuffs on it but nothing upsetting. Paint is not bad either a few minor scratches that can be fixed easily. Bought it at O.C. Welch in Hardeeville, SC. Great guy to deal with. Love the car so far! It's a black one with the red stripes full vin is: 1ZVPB8CU4C5199947 Not sure how to add photos here. 8)

I bought a 2012 Laguna Seca MP0034 from them with 4800 miles on it in late June and now I have about 8400 miles on it, I LOVE this car. Although I had an ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS experience with O.C. Welch I am glad you had a good one!

I have a Yellow Blaze Boss that was built Dec. 6,2010 which is MP0008. When I bought the car it was in mint shape so I really think maybe an exec was using this car. It was not beat up, or had any scratches or dings in this vehicle. Actually the car is very beautiful and has been shown at local car shows. Always getting compliments on it. The only problem I have are the Recaro seats. Material is coming out from the head rest. They repaired them once with new bezels but I will have to take it back for repairs or replacements. Will tell you I would not have taken the car if it looked beat up or very abused. I bought it with about 7000 miles last year and now it has almost 15,000 on it. Bought it to drive not to look at it................

I also talked to someone from SVT Ford and they told me that MP stands for Mass Production and they will be coming out with Certificates of Authenticity for these cars. I thought I seen it in another forum.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel