The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MP numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastfordnut said:
I have been searching for the same answers.
If it makes you feel better, my sticker also shows a build date of 12/10/10 for a 2012 "regular" Boss. Last 3 of vin is 933.
People digging for info are having varying degrees of success. Seems to depend heavily on who you get on the other end of the phone line.
I had the dealer run an Oasis report. Not much on it other than the build date and Warranty start date 3 months later.
I think persistence is the key. Keep calling SVT until you get someone that is willing to take the time to give you answers.
At least that's my strategy for now.

I will have to see what I can find out or if I can get someone on the phone who knows something. I don't even begin to know how to ask. I guess just saying that it was recommended to call you to find out information and history about the car I have.dunno.gif

Where is PTrocks when you need him ;D ... He was pretty helpful in gathering information on PP and MP cars, maybe he has a tip or some sort of lead and information on how to find out about these cars.

Black on Boss said:
My build sequence number and vin number are 4 past yours :) our cars were built right behind each other. What's your serial number on the engine?

If you are talking about me, that is going to take a little while. Where is the serial number on the engine?

_5841303573596835267_13926752981307399_zpse4e5d641.jpg

Sean said:
I will have to see what I can find out or if I can get someone on the phone who knows something. I don't even begin to know how to ask. I guess just saying that it was recommended to call you to find out information and history about the car I have.dunno.gif

Where is PTrocks when you need him ;D ... He was pretty helpful in gathering information on PP and MP cars, maybe he has a tip or some sort of lead and information on how to find out about these cars.

If you are talking about me, that is going to take a little while. Where is the serial number on the engine?

I want to cry seeing that :'(

and the serial number on your intake :/ you don't know it?!

Black on Boss said:

Oh lmao I thought you meant like a serial number stamped onto the block lol. It is MP0034 .... The silver Laguna Seca used in the Boss 302 book is MP0036, I know that much at least.

It finally got above freezing toay so a little bit of the ice started to melt so I was able to dig the drivers side of my car out of the snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's and maybe 50 by Friday so Hopefully I can get the rest of the car dug out by the weekend so I can wash it ;D

Sean said:
Oh lmao I thought you meant like a serial number stamped onto the block lol. It is MP0034 .... The silver Laguna Seca used in the Boss 302 book is MP0036, I know that much at least.

It finally got above freezing toay so a little bit of the ice started to melt so I was able to dig the drivers side of my car out of the snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's and maybe 50 by Friday so Hopefully I can get the rest of the car dug out by the weekend so I can wash it ;D

That's weird. Your Vin and build sequence is before mine but you are MP0034. I am MP0006 and my Vin is 99984 :/

My Boss is a 2012 Yellow Blaze.............last 6 digits of VIN 199929 build date 12/06/2010 .......... MP0008. As I stated above I called SVT over at Ford and they are coming out with Certificate of Authenticity for these pre-production Bosses soon with hopefully all the info that you will need. I have been keeping an eye on their site and as soon as they come out with these certificates I will post it ere on this forum. www.fordshowparts.com

mexicanstrat said:
My Boss is a 2012 Yellow Blaze.............last 6 digits of VIN 199929 build date 12/06/2012 .......... MP0008. As I stated above I called SVT over at Ford and they are coming out with Certificate of Authenticity for these pre-production Bosses soon with hopefully all the info that you will need. I have been keeping an eye on their site and as soon as they come out with these certificates I will post it ere on this forum.

I think I saw that a couple weeks ago somewhere

Black on Boss said:

Here it is, it is no longer buried under a pile of snow and is about as clean as it can be after 4 days from a wash lol

20140227_091305_zps6f2cb835.jpg

mexicanstrat said:
My Boss is a 2012 Yellow Blaze.............last 6 digits of VIN 199929 build date 12/06/2012 .......... MP0008. As I stated above I called SVT over at Ford and they are coming out with Certificate of Authenticity for these pre-production Bosses soon with hopefully all the info that you will need. I have been keeping an eye on their site and as soon as they come out with these certificates I will post it ere on this forum. www.fordshowparts.com

It looks like they already are out.

a53d068c-2c49-4e82-b102-00181b194e53.jpg

Sean said:
Here it is, it is no longer buried under a pile of snow and is about as clean as it can be after 4 days from a wash lol

I detailed Rachael a couple days ago as well :)avujy8e4.jpg

de3a9uvu.jpg

Sean said:

Hi fellas, sorry for the long delay between posting. My work has been fairly insane of late, so I've not had much time to devote to the forums. :(
I wish I could give you more detailed information on these cars, but I'm not privy to any of the insider information that could shed light on these cars.

I can say that one of the TT cars has been sold and is in private hands. No one seems to know how it happened, but it is at least feasible since the body shells and safety equipment are fully regular production parts.

Sean said:

That is so cool....... Where did you get that...... jealous now lol We need to really get these for the preproductions

My Boss is a 2012 Yellow Blaze.............last 6 digits of VIN 199929 build date 12/06/2010 .......... MP0008. As I stated above I called SVT over at Ford and they are coming out with Certificate of Authenticity for these pre-production Bosses soon with hopefully all the info that you will need. I have been keeping an eye on their site and as soon as they come out with these certificates I will post it ere on this forum. www.fordshowparts.com

I didn't realize that I had put the wrong build date so it is corrected............ I want that freaking COA....lol

When you look on the their site they have COAs for every other vehicle except the pre-production Bosses......... I notice they finally put out a book for the 2013 Bosses.....

Hi, new to group. Just wondering if anyone could shine some light on this subject for me. Been doing quite a bit of reading on the MP cars and this group seems to be the most knowledgeable group about them. Wondering if anyone would know any info on MP0004. VIN ending in 99930. Or where the best place would be to get some info. What maybe it was used for or who drove it prior. It's a BY boss. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

hitter_013 said:
Hi, new to group. Just wondering if anyone could shine some light on this subject for me. Been doing quite a bit of reading on the MP cars and this group seems to be the most knowledgeable group about them. Wondering if anyone would know any info on MP0004. VIN ending in 99930. Or where the best place would be to get some info. What maybe it was used for or who drove it prior. It's a BY boss. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I noticed that your car (MP0004) is the same color as MP0008 - VIN 99929 and consecutive cars based on VIN numbers and painted in the same Yellow Blaze Met Tri-Coat paint job and my personal favorite color from the 2012 Boss cars.

Your did not come with a Boss car cover but did come with the Recaro seats and Torsen differential so that is good. The only option that you missed from this car was the car cover and of course these cars do not come with a Boss Owners Kit because you are not the original owner of the car.

As you probably know your paint job was an option on the 2012 Boss cars and cost an extra $495.00 to order.

Your cars second window sticker was issued 6 days after MP0008 along with your VIN being one VIN earlier than MP0008 and just goes to show you that Ford assigned VIN numbers much ahead of the build date time frame and randomly built them by build sequence number some time later.

Ford Performance should be able to provide you with the Certificate of Authenticity for your car which shows the actual build date which I believe should be in December of 2010 but I could be wrong?

Also ask your local Ford dealer for an "Oasis Report" for your car and that will tell you the actual build date of your car along with the "Warranty Start Date". This report will confirm the actual build date of your car.

The first MP car to be built was 99927 and that was a PW Boss 302 so your car is the 4th earliest VIN of the 44 MP cars built for the 2012 build year. The second MP car built was 99928 and it was an Ingot Silver Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

Wish I could tell you more about MP0004 but this is as much as I know.

;)

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner
I was just now able to order a certificate of authenticity for MP0005 from the Ford site thats sell them. Got it today via UPS.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store.cfm?dept_id=1137&cart_id=08543331070111114100831049237820142208&store_id=1&parentID=1137

I posted a picture of it on the Boss 302 facebook page. Never could figure out how to post pictures on this site.

John

Hi Folks, I know this is an old thread, but found a 2012 MP Boss on a dealer lot and I'm thinking about buying it. He bought it from auction back in 2012 and has been sitting on it since. It's MP0039. It's clear the car had the snot beat out of it by the wear on the tires and according to CarFax the 10K happened over 3 weeks. Odd the MP number is later than others in this thread, but the VIN is earlier. Guess they mixed them up. He's asking $38.5K for it, which I think is ludicrous for a beat up early build, but maybe they are collectible. Thoughts?IMG_2014a.jpgIMG_2027a.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors