The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Mustang GT4 build pics Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Wow, this is awesome. So cool they are sending you the build photos.

The Ford Performance Racing School will be at our private track day at Thunder Hill on October 1 with their FP350S. Would love to see you come out there with them and do some testing with the GT4

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting part will be the fuel fill-ups. Not exactly conducive to the Sunoco pump at your local racetrack? Yes, just jealous I don't have that problem , ha,ha. Congrats.

Sticking with the 79.5 Liter (21 gallon) tank? Im interested to see your fuel Consumption with the 5.2 at full tilt.

Dean tells me the manual brakes in the car took some getting use to, Im interested in your opinion them.

Sticking with the 79.5 Liter (21 gallon) tank? Im interested to see your fuel Consumption with the 5.2 at full tilt.

Dean tells me the manual brakes in the car took some getting use to, Im interested in your opinion them.

I sprang for the 28-gal fuel cell and air jacks - the "endurance package" in their terms. I believe the brakes are the same design as my GT3 car - unboosted and very heavy brake pressure. It's not a big deal, but does take some diligence with a leg press machine to get the most out of them.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Interesting part will be the fuel fill-ups. Not exactly conducive to the Sunoco pump at your local racetrack? Yes, just jealous I don't have that problem , ha,ha. Congrats.

He's got a dual dry-break on there, so as long as his jugs are filled up ahead of time, the actual refueling will be very fast, and he won't even have to open the trunk :)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Moar pics!

Already done. 585 BHP :D

It can easily be reset down to GT4 specs. But unless I'm running in a series which requires that restriction... ain't nobody got time for that.

Great to hear. Some thought this was not achievable when I said I was targeting up to 525 rwhp without the Cobra Jet intake. With your set up and just over 10% losses I'd be right there. We'll see, but I'm really more interested in tuning for max torque across a wide rpm range....

Can't wait to hear your first impressions from shake down.

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Full Bosch racing electronics package, including engine management, traction control and ABS. Just like a full blown GT3 car [emoji106]
Outstanding. Keep the good stuff coming.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
You can tell a quality builder when the “status update pics” have an artful composition and careful consideration to depth of field and focal length! Congrats, it’s looking fantastic!!!

I was appreciating the composition and 'bokeh' myself...my compliments to their photographer. Nice service.

Please keep the pics coming treynor!

TMO Supporting Vendors