The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Inspired EV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOL, yep. A couple of things they focused on in the intro up front was the tech and home charging. Unless you've owned an EV the tech will be new and it's quite different. And good. The whole range anxiety thing is overblown and will only be an issue for <10% of owners. Our EV is 99% charged at home and we average 1,500 miles a month. We rarely use public charging stations. That's more of an issue if you don't own a home.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I discussed an EV with my wife. We see the possibility of having one in the future. HAs to be a commute vehicle only. No "Range Anxiety" just a fact. I need to be able to drive 5-800 miles at a crack. A new "Juices" vehicle cant do it all for us.

My take on the range. My Focus Electric is rated at 115 miles. Not once in the 2.5 years I've had it did the range stop me from doing something I wanted to do. Granted, I do have a Shelby that I only have to fill up five times on the way to Vegas...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
CNBC just posted more pics of the EV that I don't remembering seeing with a simulated silver grill, and it enhances the look a lot. The blacked out grill or this simulated grill both are big improvements, to the perceived look we all like with our automobiles. The Tesla has decent lines , but I wish the 3 had a faux grill , because there just seems to be a blank voided area in the front from a design standpoint.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yep, for most people range is just a number. They drive to and from for less than an hour. I am a bit different, Rick has met me, he can confirm. LOL. I travel by road often, distances of 800+ miles. So an EV wont work for me. The wife, she can make an EV work for her. It will have to have power. Maybe our next commuter vehicle.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
800 miles .......heck , driving 1000+ is in your crazy repertoire. TMS stands for Tons of Miles Stangdriver, considering your freeway frolics around the US of A!

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
800 miles .......heck , driving 1000+ is in your crazy repertoire. TMS stands for Tons of Miles Stangdriver, considering your freeway frolics around the US of A!

Bill

I have no idea what you mean. LOL Just because my F-250 has seen both coasts and the gulf of Mexico?? Is this not normal?? :rolleyes:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am sure folks are going to decry the pumped in fake noise, but since driving is such a sensory experience, I for one, like the concept that under power there will be a seat of the pants feel along with an auditory enhancement. Engaging as many senses as possible will help many with the transition over to EVs, imho. I have had a couple of customers who could not stand the quiet of their Teslas and traded them in just to hear the noise of their vehicle. I wonder if the simulation would have helped them stay the course?

TMO Supporting Vendors