The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup V 2015 - Motorsport Park Hastings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS110 said:
Great vid Gary and very nice driving to pass all the cars in just 10 laps with the lead car having a full lap on you. This race format is great idea to help level the field, unless of course you are driving and then so much for leveling the field. ;D
Actually Johnathan stayed ahead of me this race, but I guess technically "broke out" by running below his dial-in time four laps. He had a 30 second head start and finished 19 seconds before me. The four breakouts cost him 20 seconds so I ended up ahead by 1 second net. We were experimenting with the format and tweaking it as we went, but it was an absolute gas. Might need to consider adding a pursuit class to next year's roundup instead of the race class ;)

LS110 said:
Great vid Gary and very nice driving to pass all the cars in just 10 laps with the lead car having a full lap on you. This race format is great idea to help level the field, unless of course you are driving and then so much for leveling the field. ;D
This. :p

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
cloud9 said:
Here's another one from Sunday morning. The first car out was actually lapping me right as I got released which made for an exciting start to this race! ;D

https://youtu.be/wL18nab4ooc

That first Mustang looked Happy.....Wagging it's tail.

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
be4e19e2d9529aceb93aa4032d5b16b0.jpg
It is almost here! The horses are groomed and fed. They are itching to get out of the stable. Are they going to get to run free this weekend with your pony?

2012B2L said:
be4e19e2d9529aceb93aa4032d5b16b0.jpg
It is almost here! The horses are groomed and fed. They are itching to get out of the stable. Are they going to get to run free this weekend with your pony?
That stable looks great and ready for a Roundup! I can't wait to see it when the latest Thoroughbred joins them! 8)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Memo out from George Anderson , Track Mgr. Extraordinaire ----- still time to sign up, hang out with fellow Ford Fanatics and get the new scoop on the GT350 and more!!!! Always a great tech talk with Ford Engineers , coming to you this Friday !!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
cloud9 said:
Thanks are you going to make it this year? Look for KRost and LS110 to really tear it up in the Race Group this year ;)

Well.... No.

As I write this I am working on securing a few helicopters to evacuate contractors who are under attach about 200KM north of me. Afghanistan is still fun!! ::) I wont hit the states for a few weeks.

I will however be at Road America the first weekend of October. Will you make that event? I need a coach. ;)

TMSBOSS said:
Well.... No.

As I write this I am working on securing a few helicopters to evacuate contractors who are under attach about 200KM north of me. Afghanistan is still fun!! ::) I wont hit the states for a few weeks.

I will however be at Road America the first weekend of October. Will you make that event? I need a coach. ;)
Wow I guess not! Keep your head down. Not currently planning on RA but maybe I should. When is it and who's event?

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
VooDooBOSS said:
Nice stable. What breed are the silver and gold horses?
Those are Grade Horses. Both run coyotes, but were built with salvaged parts from many different S197s from 10-14.

Had a great time on Thursday. The GT350Rs in black and magnetic look and sound phenomenal. Hope to see them out exercising their legs on track today if the rain holds off. I had a bountiful alfalfa harvest late yesterday afternoon that steveespo is threatening to share later ::) I got 19 heat cycles out of a set of R7s and probably should have considered 18 good enough :D Both left side tires corded which made going through Turn 3 at 100 mph quite an adventure :p

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Had a great time on Thursday. The GT350Rs in black and magnetic look and sound phenomenal. Hope to see them out exercising their legs on track today if the rain holds off. I had a bountiful alfalfa harvest late yesterday afternoon that steveespo is threatening to share later ::) I got 19 heat cycles out of a set of R7s and probably should have considered 18 good enough :D Both left side tires corded which made going through Turn 3 at 100 mph quite an adventure :p

18 is very good. That's what I'm using as my benchmark to dump used sets. Very impressed with the overall life and consistency of the R7s.

Once again the Roundup was exceptional!!

My car barely survived having a coil go bad, the mass air flow sensor fell out, and literally ended today with a bang as something snapped when shifting from 3rd to 4th. I now have a load rattle and a vibration in my shift knob. Will figure out this week what happened.

Despite these times the car performed well and turned some great laps ;D

Thanks to Gary and George for putting on a great event that I will clearly be back to next year!!

LS110 said:
Once again the Roundup was exceptional!!

Agree!

This was my first time at the Roundup and well worth the 13+ hour drive each way. George, Gary and Todd did a great job with the planning and running the event with support from Track Guys. An absolutely fantastic group of cars and Mustang enthusiasts who all enjoy their cars....

Not often you see 7 Black 2012 LS's together:

image.jpg1_zpsmte2x725.jpg

Another shot with old and new friends 8)

image.jpg2_zpshgmlcof3.jpg

Looking forward to next year.....

TMO Supporting Vendors