The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup V 2015 - Motorsport Park Hastings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks to all the made it out. What a blast again this year! Hopping on a plane in a few minutes so I'll try to post up some pics and dates for next year's events when I get back!

Big thanks to George, Gary, and all others who planned and put on this event. It was a great time and will be back next year. Feel sorry for others that do not attend this event as there are so many things to see and do.

Any chance that a printable flyer can be made for next year? I promote this event to many people but I can only tell them to go to the website. Believe if i had a flyer to hand out it would make more of an impact, and could bring more people out.

Thanks again to everyone who attended, it was a blast!

Special thanks to George for all you did leading up to the weekend. I know you were a little short on manpower for most of the weekend.....you and your team made it go off just fine!

Always fun to meet more fanatics of these cars. I get a huge kick out of watching the excitement in everyone's conversations as they pick the pace and start laying down faster times. I had one guy tell me it is his favorite weekend of the year and he looks forward to it more than Christmas :)

For those who have not been to MPH for this event, I don't know where else you can see this wide of a variety of Mustangs and their variations competing in 3 different driving events as well as being eligible for a car show trophy. Where else could you hear a 350R scream around the track, watch a stock 5.0 automatic take down car after car in the drags, to that monster winged Shelby hauling the mail down the straights. There were a lot of cool things to see and hear.

Thanks to Steveespo for traveling a huge distance and helping out more than a few folks with some mechanical snafus. Steve is a great guy and knows his way around a toolbox! Meeting folks like him make this hobby really special. His car is awesome in person, glad I finally got to see it first hand.

The bus ride on Saturday night was taken to a new level. I've been on that thing at least 5 times and this was probably the best....George was in the "Zone" and I think his late night corner entrance tips helped me set a new personal best time on Sunday.

I'll try to get some video done later this week. I found a little more speed on Sunday morning at the expense of a few corner exit cones.....I paid George to use the whole track and I made sure I did :)

Already looking forward to next year. It is a great time if you can make it fit your schedules.

VooDooBOSS said:
Nice photos of the best color combo of all the Bosses. 8)

Ok so who won what?

I don't remember all the results. Gary won both the Road Race and Autocross in the Modified Outlaw class that I also ran. I'm sure either George or Gary may post, meanwhile here's a video of trying to chase down Gary...

https://youtu.be/1nFcT8uTm7c

steveespo said:
Here is a little video from MPH I like to call a Spin with the Cloud. You can't pay for track coaching like this.

http://youtu.be/RCbdoWX3jC4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice name for the Vid!! What I learn from that is push hard like Gary ;D

Steve - You have endless energy to post this at 3:00 AM especially after a 15 hour drive yesterday.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I believe 2 and 1/2 full rotations. He looked like he had it saved on the left side, but when he got back on the track he just shot across to the right and did two full spins over there. Gary was apexing turn 4 at 95 mph, best I had the balls for was 84 all weekend. And I went 2 off over there twice. Mad respect for Gary's driving talent.
Steve

Watching the Video even gave me somewhat of a pucker.
gary handled it well but at those speeds and as quick as it happens you somewhat just wait to hear the bang and sudden stop. GLAD to see driver and car came out on top to race another day.

I will say that Gary's boss snaped back and fourth real hard before he mowed the fields.
That would of been the end to most people as to over react to whats happening.
Time to clean out the trans cooler and hopefully the splitter was able to hang touigh.

Yikes! Well his car did sound awesome passing Steve. :p @badasssoundingcoyotewithlongtubeheaders

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Way cool event , and with Steve coming all the way from Nuuuuuu Yorkkkk, he won the award , hands down for longest drive. Missed you John, but we all drank an extra beer in your honor,ha.

Black Boss said:
I don't remember all the results. Gary won both the Road Race and Autocross in the Modified Outlaw class that I also ran. I'm sure either George or Gary may post, meanwhile here's a video of trying to chase down Gary...

https://youtu.be/1nFcT8uTm7c
Chase me down, hell you were all over me! ;D Can't remember when that went down but the way my tail was wagging, I'm thinking it's when I had the takeoff slicks on there.

KRost said:
Thanks again to everyone who attended, it was a blast!

Special thanks to George for all you did leading up to the weekend. I know you were a little short on manpower for most of the weekend.....you and your team made it go off just fine!

Always fun to meet more fanatics of these cars. I get a huge kick out of watching the excitement in everyone's conversations as they pick the pace and start laying down faster times. I had one guy tell me it is his favorite weekend of the year and he looks forward to it more than Christmas :)

For those who have not been to MPH for this event, I don't know where else you can see this wide of a variety of Mustangs and their variations competing in 3 different driving events as well as being eligible for a car show trophy. Where else could you hear a 350R scream around the track, watch a stock 5.0 automatic take down car after car in the drags, to that monster winged Shelby hauling the mail down the straights. There were a lot of cool things to see and hear.

Thanks to Steveespo for traveling a huge distance and helping out more than a few folks with some mechanical snafus. Steve is a great guy and knows his way around a toolbox! Meeting folks like him make this hobby really special. His car is awesome in person, glad I finally got to see it first hand.

The bus ride on Saturday night was taken to a new level. I've been on that thing at least 5 times and this was probably the best....George was in the "Zone" and I think his late night corner entrance tips helped me set a new personal best time on Sunday.

I'll try to get some video done later this week. I found a little more speed on Sunday morning at the expense of a few corner exit cones.....I paid George to use the whole track and I made sure I did :)

Already looking forward to next year. It is a great time if you can make it fit your schedules.
Blazing fast. Fun to watch Papa Smurf flying around out there. Congrats Mr. Top Horse!! 8)

steveespo said:
I believe 2 and 1/2 full rotations. He looked like he had it saved on the left side, but when he got back on the track he just shot across to the right and did two full spins over there. Gary was apexing turn 4 at 95 mph, best I had the balls for was 84 all weekend. And I went 2 off over there twice. Mad respect for Gary's driving talent.
Steve
Momentarily I thought I had it saved to, until I didn't ???

cloud9 said:
Blazing fast. Fun to watch Papa Smurf flying around out there. Congrats Mr. Top Horse!! 8)

Kevin was impressive! It was not until after leaving the event that I saw his crazy fast PB lap in that last session. What is really cool is that is 90% driver 10% mods.

LS110 said:
Kevin was impressive! It was not until after leaving the event that I saw his crazy fast PB lap in that last session. What is really cool is that is 90% driver 10% mods.
You're too modest John. YOU are blazing fast as well. Glad I wasn't in your class!

Black Boss said:
I don't remember all the results. Gary won both the Road Race and Autocross in the Modified Outlaw class that I also ran.
The only reason that happened is because it was your first trip to MPH. Will be fun when I get to chase YOU next year in the GT350 class. Also congratulations on winning the drag race event.....especially since it was the first time you've done it! 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel