The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My latest project: Jacking Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I always wanted to be able to jack my car up from one side in the middle, but the jacking plates I found were either not permanent or required welding them on to the car. I also wanted a plate that did not stick out much, so I came up with these. Still requires bolts to hold them on but the holes are drilled in the flange/pinch weld, not the rocker itself.

101_2831_zpsvhsxc5ri.jpg

101_2832_zpsz2vw9d1e.jpg

101_0105_zps8vkgccw7.jpg

101_0111_zpswk5ksgbh.jpg~c200

101_0107_zpswh6bhqjw.jpg

101_0106_zpshrhj0egg.jpg

Re: My lateset project

That's a great idea with the tape and what not, I hate searching under there with your fingers trying to find the frame rail to jack up on.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Thats cool! I bought some round jack plates and had them welded to the pinch welds just last week. I will take a pic tonight when I get home for all to see. They are similar to the ones sold at Watson Racing.

NFSBOSS said:
Great idea, are you going to offer them for sale? I'll get back to you this evening on our project.

I can probably make some more . If I had ten sets ordered it would be $70 a set plus the cost of shipping. And they would be bare metal, no powder coating. I painted mine orange so I could easily see them when I look under the car. My powder coating guy currently does not have orange and if powder coated, it would raise the price. These mounts are obviously not as "secure?" as, say mounts from Watson Racing or other weld on plates. But at this time I did not want to weld to the rocker panels. These mounts could be welded on but bolting them on works great. The pressure is applied to the pinch weld and the bottom side of each rocker. If you want to return the car to stock, you could just unbolt them and weld small 5/16" plugs in the four drilled holes. Easier to fill the holes than grind all the welds off. You do not have to modify the lower plastic fascia either. In fact, it you have an angle drill, you can install these without removing the lower fascia. Otherwise, you will have to remove the drivers side fascia only if using a regular drill.

Rick, let me know about the other project. Thanks, Mike

06mach1 said:
I can probably make some more . If I had ten sets ordered it would be $70 a set plus the cost of shipping. And they would be bare metal, no powder coating. I painted mine orange so I could easily see them when I look under the car. My powder coating guy currently does not have orange and if powder coated, it would raise the price. These mounts are obviously not as "secure?" as, say mounts from Watson Racing or other weld on plates. But at this time I did not want to weld to the rocker panels. These mounts could be welded on but bolting them on works great. The pressure is applied to the pinch weld and the bottom side of each rocker. If you want to return the car to stock, you could just unbolt them and weld small 5/16" plugs in the four drilled holes. Easier to fill the holes than grind all the welds off. You do not have to modify the lower plastic fascia either. In fact, it you have an angle drill, you can install these without removing the lower fascia. Otherwise, you will have to remove the drivers side fascia only if using a regular drill.

Rick, let me know about the other project. Thanks, Mike
I'm in. Would go with black powder coat if that's an option!

For those that are interested in these, my plan is to start next week at making 10 sets of them. Could be ready to ship in 2 to 3 weeks. I will keep you posted. Mike

drano38

Wayne

Looks like another great product from you.
I've already got a jacking product welded in. But if I hadn't, this would be a great mod.

TMO Supporting Vendors