The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My latest project: Jacking Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I installed a set of these jacking plates in July, they are very nicely made and come with quality hardware. Thinking about picking up another set to install on the rear section of chassis pinch weld. You won't be disappointed in the quality of these parts.

Nice work sir,
302 Hi Pro

cloud9 said:
Any update on making them for the S550 Mike? I really, really like these on my Boss and will miss them.

I am hoping that there is a GT350 on it's side so I can take a better look to see if my design will work on this new chassis. I most likely will have to rent a new Mustang to design the plates as no one around me has one.

06mach1 said:
I am hoping that there is a GT350 on it's side so I can take a better look to see if my design will work on this new chassis. I most likely will have to rent a new Mustang to design the plates as no one around me has one.
If you rent one also look at the seat mounting for the sub belt bar. From my research the existing design should be fine just not sure on the spacing. If the spacing is slightly off maybe an oblong hole that works for both.

I guess I should also clarify that I am hoping to see a GT350 on its side at Limerock speedway coming up October 1st at the track event. So once I see it there I will look at jack plate mounting and sub belt mount spacing.

Is it too late to put in a request for a set of these? Was thinking of three sets, actually. One for the CG location and one for each end of the car, for an excellent place to put jack stands underneath once the car is jacked up at the CG location.

(Sent with Tapatalk, so apologies for the lackluster formatting)

kcbrown said:
Is it too late to put in a request for a set of these? Was thinking of three sets, actually. One for the CG location and one for each end of the car, for an excellent place to put jack stands underneath once the car is jacked up at the CG location.

Not too late. The only issue is that they will not work on the front or rear of the car.

06mach1 said:
Not too late. The only issue is that they will not work on the front or rear of the car.

Sorry for the delay.

What's different about the front or rear parts of the pinch weld that the jacking plates wouldn't work there? I was thinking actually about placing them at the jacking points, for what it's worth.

kcbrown said:
Sorry for the delay.

What's different about the front or rear parts of the pinch weld that the jacking plates wouldn't work there? I was thinking actually about placing them at the jacking points, for what it's worth.

The pinch weld thickness and design are different front and rear. The side exhaust on the Boss blocks the correct location also as it bolts close to the pinch weld. Also, you have to avoid where the lower plastic rocker trim pieces mount to the rocker panel. I'm sure plates could be made to work though.

06mach1 said:
The pinch weld thickness and design are different front and rear. The side exhaust on the Boss blocks the correct location also as it bolts close to the pinch weld. Also, you have to avoid where the lower plastic rocker trim pieces mount to the rocker panel. I'm sure plates could be made to work though.

This is for a GT for what's that worth. The pinch weld design is surely the same but the side exhaust isn't going to be an issue here.

Big thumbs up again Mike. The new design is even beveled at the leading and trailing edges to minimize catching debris. They fit perfectly and there were no spot welds that needed grinding down so it must have just been an issue on your test car. It was hard to get a decent picture because you did such a good job they blend right into the car.

20151109_175707_zpsz7vymayy.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel