The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Sep

NASA @ Laguna Seca (105dB)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
The Fun Police will roll into town with NCRC the day before , and probably the day before that, so not sure if the track is going to force me to pack and leave.

Since we're going to be up there near the Wine Country, I'll be the cool guy with a cooler full of Bartles and Jaymes Premium Wine Coolers.
1656143669410.png

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
We Still dont know.
Friday sunday sure. Notndurenif they got thirsday too.
We will see.
Im garage 1 looking for a crew lol.....,😅
What was the schedule like last time you went?

Is Warmup/Practices earlier in the week with Qual and Race at the end, or is it more like one day is going to be say, Spec 944, e30, e46, Miata start to finish?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SoCal
Like many years before, I’ll be attending as a Race Director, group unknown.

Right now, the schedule is still a work in progress but will be released in due time.

I’m planning to attend the NCRC event on Wednesday, 14 Sept, with a friend - he’s bringing his brand spanking new gold-chain machine, ehem, Corvette. Provided we can get registration slots.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Looks like I'm a lock, whether or not the car is ready (which went from mild concern to major concern - waiting on some cortex goodness, but have to make some tough decisions on setup soon since we're a month out from loading up).

That said, I've also been approach to provide class leader or race direction assistance again, so I'll once again be handling some official duties in addition to racing. Hopefully unlike Daytona, I find myself with enough time to get in a car as well.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Awh man, what I wouldn't do for this Offspring/Rasputin remix, because it's pretty fly.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
For those who've previously attended (or you officials) : How picky are they at the gates on crew members/headcounts? I've got a few friends who want to drop by, not sure if they're going to get turned away, whether I need to put them on some list, or if they pay some nominal gate fee and just wander pits/stands at their leisure.

Ah, seems they've added to the NASAChamps.com site --
https://drivenasa.com/championships/ said:
Can my family and friends come and watch?
NASA spectators will be able to enter the facility free of charge. They need to let the guard gate know they are there to watch the NASA event and then they will need to check in at registration to sign the waiver and receive a wristband.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The Specfab Racing crew will be there with Frankenstang.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
For those who've previously attended (or you officials) : How picky are they at the gates on crew members/headcounts? I've got a few friends who want to drop by, not sure if they're going to get turned away, whether I need to put them on some list, or if they pay some nominal gate fee and just wander pits/stands at their leisure.

Ah, seems they've added to the NASAChamps.com site --
There is a crew fee, but I'm not sure for spectators

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type