The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need your Advice - S197 Suspension Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your reputation precedes you.
Great help and insight from all. Appreciate all the advice & recommendations.

Pulling the trigger shortly, will let you know how it turns out.

SMC

I scratched the entire upgrade list. I was told the sportlines are a terrible option and "absurdly soft" and "riding on the bumpstops" by a major suspension tuner . . .

Now leaning towards the Vorshlag-Bilstein StreetPro Monotube Suspension Kit

FRPP K Springs or Eibach Pro-Kits??

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I've never been a fan of mixing suspension components from different mfg's. Personally, I believe the suspension is a system and has to be dealt with as such, so one mfg's shock system is not likely going to be right for another mfg's spring rates and the same for sway bars. I still believe that no one knows more about this car than those who designed and built it, which would be Ford. All of that pointed me towards Ford's track suspension kit and it has worked out very well. For me. YMMV.

WhiteCobra - see post #14 - modernbeat (Jason) is the engineer at Vorshlag. Give him a call - he is great to deal with. You can't go wrong with Vorshlag, Cortex, Maximum Motorsports recommendations.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel