The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New BOSS 302 (New to me)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Northridge
Hey all,

Well I did it. Was looking for a 2013/2014 GT500. Ended up getting a BOSS 302. I just couldn't pass it up. Looks clean and drives nice. Picking it up this weekend. Almost pulled a trigger on a GT500 in FL. But dealership looked shady to me.

Hope to take it to some car meets with the fam. Any meets in SoCal area let me know. Would love to meet up.

BOSS Front2.jpg

BOSS Right2.jpg

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Northridge
Thanks. Any must mods suggestions feel free. Especially any preventive care with the MT82. Heard some stories. Wish it came with TR60s

Yes an RST clutch was what finally cured my high rpm lockout issues. MGW, Blowfish bracket, Whiteline bushing kit, etc didn't fix it. A better clutch will help you enjoy the car so much more when you can snap off 7500rpm shifts with no problems.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Do get an MGW short throw shift kit for sure, and a Vorshlag camber plate is another nice upgrade to get some negative camber up front --- that will save those front tires from rolling over as you get faster and faster. Sure helps with turn in also and be prepared to have a lot of folks come up to you and ask about your car. I had a 2013 SBY LS and I was constantly stopped , asked about the car and given " thumbs up " wherever I went.

Tires, wheels, solid brake pads, good DOT fluid, and you are ready for the track........welcome to TMO!

Congrats on your purchase and Welcome to TMO..............I did send you a PM as I will have a MGW Race Spec Shifter available for sale come July!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
VERY nice....

TMO Supporting Vendors