The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW DETAILS ADDED - Norcal Shelby Club Mini Nats 30 / Team Shelby Nationals August 7,8,9 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddler49 said:
Registered for Friday & Saturday yellow group (novice). Should be fun!
Cool. Did you get your harness bar and harnesses all set up?

NFSBOSS said:
Cool. Did you get your harness bar and harnesses all set up?
Haven't had the time. Missed out on the Wine Country Motorsports 4th of July sale too for the 6 point harnesses. Will have to take care of this soon though...

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Fiddler49 said:
Haven't had the time. Missed out on the Wine Country Motorsports 4th of July sale too for the 6 point harnesses. Will have to take care of this soon though...

I've spent a TON with WCM (including on Sat. when I was at the track) , but I did end up buying my Sparco 6 pt kits from Amazon. Amazes what you can find there. I almost bought the Sparco seats via Amazon but WCM continues to have great support and I was ago to go up there and sit in the seats they offer. I'm willing to pay for that ability.

mmcguirk

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Director
NEWS RELEASE

Contact: Sophie Turner | TPRM | 214-520-3430 ext. 305 | [email protected]

OFFICIAL 2015 TEAM SHELBY NATIONALS PART OF
NOR CAL SAAC MINI-NATS

· Legends Sutton, Brock, Schwarz, Marietta, Cantwell, Kretzschmar and Grant scheduled to appear
· 50th anniversary of Shelby American’s G.T.350 celebrated
· Track time, parties and car shows part of exclusive weekend
· Aaron Shelby, grandson of Carroll Shelby, to present at event banquet

LOS ANGELES – July 23, 2015 – The official Team Shelby Nationals will be held from August 7-9, 2015, as part of the Nor Cal Mini-Nats and the first time that the two organizations host their most important annual events together. Organized by Team Shelby Pacific Region, the weekend will feature driving events, car shows and parties in the Wine Country.

Highlights will include a display by Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., featuring the recently unveiled 750 horsepower 2015 Shelby Super Snake. Ford Motor Company will exhibit the latest Shelby GT350 while DenBeste Motorsports and The Cobra Experience Museum will show historic Shelbys and speed equipment such as all aluminum big and small block engines.

“This year’s Team Shelby Nationals will be very special as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 427 Shelby Cobra, the Ford Shelby G.T.350 and FIA World Championship,” said Tracey Smith, Team Shelby National Director. “We’re also marking a milestone as the Nor Cal Shelby American Automobile Club invited us to host the Official Team Shelby Nationals at their event. The Northern California festivities will be the largest group of current and vintage Shelby cars in action this year.”

This will be the 30th time that Nor Cal SAAC has hosted their vintage car event. The combined event with Team Shelby will feature open road course track groups on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In addition, there will be drag racing, a car show and reception at the track on Friday. Team Shelby will lead a Napa Valley cruise on Saturday afternoon. The highlight on Sunday will be a vintage exhibition race.

“We’re pleased the Team Shelby Nationals is part of the Nor Cal SAAC Mini-Nats,” said Michael McGuirk, Team Shelby Pacific Coast Director and the Nor Cal Shelby Club board member. “This great weekend filled with fantastic cars and friends in beautiful Sonoma will feed the hunger for the high octane lifestyle embodied by Carroll Shelby.”

One of the highlights will be an appearance by the "Original Venice Crew" and the 50th Anniversary G.T.350s they created. Ted Sutton, Peter Brock, Jim Marietta, Jerry Schwartz, Bernie Kretzschmar and Chuck Cantwell will sign autographs and participate in a special presentation at Saturday's banquet. That night, Aaron Shelby will also share his memories of his grandfather, Carroll Shelby.
Driver Allen Grant is scheduled to attend and sign autographs. Grant started as a welder with Shelby American; he later landed a deal to drive a Cobra from Coventry Motor Cars. That Cobra is usually recognized by its distinctive yellow paint scheme, which was designed by his then-roommate, future Hollywood mogul George Lucas. After earning top finishes at Santa Barbara, Candlestick Park, Riverside and Laguna Seca, Shelby hired Allen as a factory driver. Grant helped the Shelby American team win the FIA World Championship in 1965 behind the wheel of a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.

“This will be a wonderful opportunity for everyone to enjoy a memorable weekend in one of the most beautiful places in the world,” said Smith. “We’ll celebrate Shelbys of every era the way Carroll wanted, on the track. With such a historic year, this event should not be missed.”

Registration for the Team Shelby Nationals is now open at http://www.norcal-sa...mininats/step1/.

About Team Shelby
Team Shelby was founded in 2008 by Carroll Shelby to give people an opportunity to enjoy their cars through events with fellow enthusiasts. Ownership of a Shelby vehicle is not required, only a passion for the brand and lifestyle. With chapters worldwide, the factory sanctioned club provides key benefits including:
• Exclusive access to “Members Only” areas of the club website (www.teamshelby.com)
• Official Team Shelby Membership Kit (T-shirt, hat, travel mug, club sticker, lanyard, pen and more)
• First news on all Shelby products and vehicles
• Invitations to special events
• Annual Shelby publication
• Monthly discounts on Shelby products

Additional information is available at www.teamshelby.com

About Carroll Shelby International
Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (CSBI.PK) is comprised of two wholly owned subsidiaries, Shelby American, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc., called the Shelby Companies. Shelby American is engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of performance vehicles and related accessories. Shelby American currently offers authentic continuation Cobras, including the Cobra 427 S/C, the Cobra 289 FIA and the Cobra 289 S/C; these are sold as component vehicles (i.e. without engines or drive trains); Shelby Cobras are offered through a proprietary network of dealers in North America and Europe. In addition, Shelby American has produced a number of limited edition pre and post title new model year cars based on the Ford Mustangs through its cooperative relationship with Ford Motor Company, which is also a licensee of Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. for purposes of selling pre-title Shelby branded vehicles, including the Shelby GT500 and GT350. Shelby American is currently focused on the production of post-title vehicles and aftermarket parts, the former including the Shelby Super Snake, Shelby GT and Shelby GTS. Shelby American also sells aftermarket styling and performance parts under the Shelby Performance Parts brand name.

Carroll Shelby Licensing is responsible for licensing the Shelby brand to third parties in connection with various products, including vehicles, memorabilia, video games, models, toys, branded apparel, styling and performance parts. From Ford Motor Company to Electronic Arts and Baume et Mercier, the Shelby name has become a globally recognized and admired brand.

Michael - in years past we were able to drive in and park our drivers in the pits, with the event getting bigger are we still able to do that? My wife wants a little A/C so we'll be in the Boss, hate to park in the gravel lot. Thanks

mmcguirk

cobrakidz said:
Michael - in years past we were able to drive in and park our drivers in the pits, with the event getting bigger are we still able to do that? My wife wants a little A/C so we'll be in the Boss, hate to park in the gravel lot. Thanks
Bruce there will be plenty of parking Near the Audi Pavilion

mmcguirk

Wingrider said:
I seem to recall only the actual trailers for cars not assigned to garages had to park off paddock in the upper gravel area.

Michael will know for sure.

We will park all the track car rigs firstThursday night/Friday morning. Everyone gets enough room for their rigs and cars. Once that is done, spectators are free to park un the paddock as space allows

mmcguirk

mmcguirk said:
Bruce there will be plenty of parking Near the Audi Pavilion

Though, if you want guaranteed prime parking, enter the car show. You get a space for the whole weekend

Michael - thanks for the answer, looks like the Boss will be getting out for a drive. I would love to go to the show Friday but the National Edsel Convention is in Sacramento and I will be at their show. I helped a friend restore a 58 Pacer for his wife and she wants to display it there. It's a tough choice but the hard decision has been made. :) See you guys Saturday.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I'd love to go but I have too much work on my plate and with car week the following week here, it's easier to do that stuff.

Wingrider

For any BMO folks headed to Mini-Nats- I'm there all 3 days and happy to ride along or offer BMO rides showing my line ( or general ask a coach feedback & tips). I don't think they will allow lead follow unless you're in my group but a few laps with a ride in yours or mine is probably enough initially.

I'm not a whiz, but I coach for HOD publicly and privately as well as the Audi Club and think I'm proficient around the course. Others are welcome to comment that have been with me in car or on track.

No obligation, no salesman will call- just giving back as Sonoma can be unforgiving and this will be an adventure packed event.

Wingrider said:
Fiddler, Can you do the Red group? I think the specs are the same.
I'm fine with the Yellow group. BTW, can you bring the sub belt mount bolts? Also, I will most likely take you up on a coaching session my first time out!

Wingrider

Fiddler49 said:
I'm fine with the Yellow group. BTW, can you bring the sub belt mount bolts? Also, I will most likely take you up on a coaching session my first time out!

Sounds good. Ooooh those bolts. Ok I'll take a look for them and hopefully they're in my travel containers. How many are you looking for?

Got the car all set tonight. Looking forward to tracking Saturday.

Nut and bolt and bled the brakes, and ready for another day.

Wingrider, I'll probably take you up on your offer in the Red group if your time isn't in too much demand.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel