The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW PRODUCT!! 2005-2014 Mustang Master Cylinder Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ran the brace Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at VIR also. I also noted that I had improved pedal feel late in the session on the hard brake zones. Basically, the pedal was higher in the travel when the brakes were hot and I had to mash the pedal harder to stop.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Again, I am a biased opinion, but the consistantcy of heel-toe is where I really love this. As previously mentioned, as the brakes heat up, more foot pressure is needed. When that extra foot pressure is flexing the firewall, the pedal goes down farther and makes rev matching challenging.

And, if you have your doubts that its not just another placebo, it has to be the easiest product to defeat and operate without it. Just back off the snubber and its rendered ineffective. Go do a full bore session with it and then another without. You'll notice a difference and I'd be willing to bet you will snub it back up and never touch it again. Just tell 5 of your friends about it please ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
pufferfish said:
Again, I am a biased opinion, but the consistantcy of heel-toe is where I really love this. As previously mentioned, as the brakes heat up, more foot pressure is needed. When that extra foot pressure is flexing the firewall, the pedal goes down farther and makes rev matching challenging.

And, if you have your doubts that its not just another placebo, it has to be the easiest product to defeat and operate without it. Just back off the snubber and its rendered ineffective. Go do a full bore session with it and then another without. You'll notice a difference and I'd be willing to bet you will snub it back up and never touch it again. Just tell 5 of your friends about it please ;D

Gotta buy some 5.2 Pistons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look like a good fix. Fox body guys have been using MC braces for along time. I noticed some improvement in pedal feel when I installed a stand alone clutch cyl resv as the bracket bolts to the MC and the lower frame rail.
This would make it better still.

Update: I had struts out anyway to install P springs so waited for this to arrive before I put everything back. Fits perfect and clears the brake lines fine. Only driven about 50 miles to settle in new springs before I get alignment but brake pedal is much firmer.

TMO Supporting Vendors