The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW PRODUCT!! 2011-2016 Coyote 5.0L GT350 Throttle Body Adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
As many of you already know, I have been working on an alternative to the Accufab 84.5 Throttle Body that kept failing me on my last motor. with the new 5.2L, air flow will be even more important. The GT350's 87mm Throttle Body offers low price, high flow and 100k mile durability...It just doesn't bolt up to Coyote intakes. Our new adapter will fix that!

And very soon, I will show dyno proof the GT350 TB will make good power gains. With the TB selling for around $130 and our adapter listing for $49.99, it will be the cheapest throttle body upgrade available!

2011-2016-mustang-coyote-50l-gt350-throttle-body-adapter.jpg

016-mustang-coyote-50l-gt350-throttle-body-adapter.jpg

https://www.blowfishracing.com/engine/116-2011-2016-mustang-coyote-50l-gt350-throttle-body-adapter.html?live_configurator_token=0e674b5c286aa928ba7b7411173d79cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
so, i mentioned this in the voodooboss 5.2L build thread, but felt i should reiterate it here. The GT350 TB has a different mapping than the 11-14 TB's. This is straight tuning parameters to be changed, but the mapping is specifically available in tune logs to only the 15+ cars. SCT is reworking these files to be added to the 11-14 tunes. Once they complete that, we can begin testing this TB. I haven't talked to Adam since I left Rev Auto on Thursday, but he expected SCT to have a file to him be Friday. I will be checking in on progress today.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i can't seem to get anyone to commit any time to the tuning solution for this TB. It seems the N/A S550s have a good tune file, but forced induction is trickier (this is according to Rev Auto), but no progress has been made on the 11-14 tuning. I think i need to buy dyno time to get any focused activity.

On a side note, CJ Pony Parts contracted me to produce the opposite adapter...a GT Throttle Body on a GT350 Intake. They plan to sell the intake, adapter and a Lund Tune as a package for the S550 cars. The adapters will be bell mouthed to start at 90mm on the intake side (thats the opening size of the GT350 manifold) and taper down to 85mm so, the factory GT 80mm TB can be used or upgraded to a BBK 85mm. I plan to sell these directly as well as offer a straight 90mm adapter to work with the 90mm BBK TB, so you can take full advantage of the GT350's airflow capability.

TMO Supporting Vendors