The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEXAS NexLink Bluetooth 5.0 OBDII Scanner for iPhone & Android & Windows, Diagnostic Code Reader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Erlanger, KY
I have done numerous searches for OBDII scanners to find out what people are using and why, plus compatibility with various data loggers. I found one person mention the OBDlink MX+, but that was from 3 years ago, and that unit only uses BT 3.0. I was curious what other experience is known of other ODBII scanners, including this one, with BT 5.0. I would like to have live throttle and RPM data for analysis my next time at Mid-Ohio, or wherever I end up.

Nexas Nexlink ODBII scanner

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
FWIW, I have an OBDlink MX+ and it just plain works. No matter what you're using for a OBDII scanner it's still up to the software you're using to be able to read and display the right data fields. The OBD tool just transmits the data, it's up to the software to parse it and display it. That's a much more important piece of the puzzle IMHO.

I use TrackAddict on the video device to get the data from the OBDLink and RaceRender on my computer to make the videos synched with the data. A lot of folks around here use that combination. It can read all the data sent to it and merge it with the video quite nicely. BT 3.0 seems quite capable of handling the amount of data being sent through the OBD bus so I'm not looking to upgrade to anything else anytime soon.

I just looked up a spreadsheet file from a 13 min and 56 second session, it wrote 19,738 rows of data with 25 fields in that period of time. That's a lot of data and OBDlink MX+ handled it just fine.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors