The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

No Mustangs were harmed making this video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

But a Camaro was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pA7BASFqXIw

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Left lane "bandits" like the pickup driver share some of the blame. I get pissed off but instead of doing something dangerous I just wait till I get past them and give him the middle finger salute. The signs on the roads that say "left lane for passing" apparently are written in a foreign language.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
What an idiot. Why didn't he just duck under the bed of the semi like in The Fast & The Furious?

Seriously though I agree the left-lane hog is definitely owed a significant portion of the blame in this cluster.

I have been in instances exactly like that where I am passing a semi and the a-hole behind is impatient and tailgating. Too many times I will put my blinker on to move over after I am satisfied I won't be cutting the semi or other vehicle off, only to almost get rear-ended by the buffoon because they try to cut off the semi and pass on the right when I am ALREADY moving over or are about to with the blinker ALREADY ON. So I have stopped moving over and just wait for them to go around, they can get pissed all they want, I don't give a crap camaro about their feelings. But what that guy did was actively box him in... Tempting, but stupid.

Here in MA this happens ALL THE TIME to me, no matter what lane, while moving at the same speed as the rest of the traffic. Especially Prius drivers, since they tend to be that kind of self-important snob here in MA. There are also many who are not impatient, just too stupid to even realize what they are doing. I am always seeing someone 10ft or less off my bumper while traveling 70... So I slow down to get them away from me. Many just continue to tail gait when there is clear opportunity to go around... Those are the people who are too unaware to be allowed to drive in my opinion. So half the state, basically... I have to get out of here...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
^Then don't move to CA...it's even worse!

I have a different view on driving in MA/Boston and New England in general, but I think people are more courteous there about the passing lane. Most of the time, people move over way before I'd consider passing on the right.

Grant 302 said:
^Then don't move to CA...it's even worse!

I have a different view on driving in MA/Boston and New England in general, but I think people are more courteous there about the passing lane. Most of the time, people move over way before I'd consider passing on the right.

It does depend on when you are on the road, so maybe you have been lucky so far. the 3-hour window around commuting hours are the worst around Boston. Otherwise, people will tend to move over (but some NEVER check their mirrors and just zone out). If traffic is moving at or below the limit, no one will move out of the passing lane for you, there is really no where to go anyways. I try and not leave opportunities to be cut off by watching my mirrors for weavers and drifters and adjusting my position with the cars around me.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
WinterSucks said:
It does depend on when you are on the road, so maybe you have been lucky so far. the 3-hour window around commuting hours are the worst around Boston. Otherwise, people will tend to move over (but some NEVER check their mirrors and just zone out). If traffic is moving at or below the limit, no one will move out of the passing lane for you, there is really no where to go anyways. I try and not leave opportunities to be cut off by watching my mirrors for weavers and drifters and adjusting my position with the cars around me.

During commuting hours, I wouldn't expect anyone to move over when there's any traffic congestion. But over here, people almost NEVER move out of lane 1 to let others pass. It's like it's the 'zone out' lane for people who are going to be driving for a while regardless of time of day or traffic conditions. And that's almost guaranteed with out-of state plates!

I agree a lot of it is definitely people just zoning out. This morning there was a Statie Explorer with lights on trying to get through to an accident. Traffic was moving and there was plenty of room to get out of the way, but it took him two miles to make it up next to me from when I noticed him 500-600 feet back...

Guess we should mention the vehicle which shot this video doesn't understand left lane is for passing only. After it passes the blue car there is no retreat back into the driving lane. The truck is truly a left lane driver!

First thing after noticing neither the camera car or the truck moving back into the driving lane is the Camaro passing on the right hand side. This is as irritating to me as those drivers who don't watch for motorcycles. Left lane is for passing!

Although I do not condone what the truck did to the Camaro, I do however understand why driver did what he did. I've been guilty of it myself, especially when the posted speed limit is set and I'm driving 5-8 mph over and see a vehicle behind me flying up well beyond the posted limit. I too would use a semi to box them in only to get them to slow down.

To be honest, the only vehicle in the video I see doing absolutely nothing wrong is the semi. This would be a very good teaching video to a drivers ed class. JMO

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
If you want to enforce the speed limit join your local police dep't. It seems so many people are living stressed out these days it doesn't take a whole lot to push their "button", aka road rage. IMHO

SUPRMN said:
Guess we should mention the vehicle which shot this video doesn't understand left lane is for passing only.

This is not true in all states. That is to say, in some states it is law, others it is not. It is always the "proper" thing to observe however IMO.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel