The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Other tire height - GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hello =)

Because the original GT350 tires in Switzerland are much more expensive than wider tires, I have some questions.

-Would you recommend the series tires with 30 height ?

-Can you pull up on to the standard rear wheels, 325 tires ?

-Is it possible to drive at the front with 305 tires, without "raze" ?

thanks for help

In the V6L
In order:

- You can run either 295/30x19 front and 305/30x19 rear, or just run 305/30x19 on all four corners with your stock rims. Lowers the ride height by about a cm or so.
- You can run 325 tires in the rear, but you'll need a spacer with the stock GT350 (non-R) 11" rear rims - the inner sidewall will rub on the shock mounts without a spacer.
- 305's on the front on OEM 10.5" rims don't rub.

The car will ride rougher but will handle better and be quicker. No adverse affects from my perspective.

In the V6L

what about the gear ratio?
is the vmax speed changing?
The smaller diameter tires will put the speedometer off by about 2%. You'll read 100kmh when you're actually going 98. As for top speed, I have no idea. The 30-section tires are substantially the same as the GT350R tires, within a narrow margin, so do some searching to find out which one tops out the fastest - the 350 or the 350R.

In the V6L
I'd put 4S's on if I had the choice. They're a newer design, and supposed to be quieter and handle better, but it's not likely a huge difference.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel