The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Passenger seat fire extinguisher mount for Recaro Bullitt....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
Anyone have a recommendation? Or a better location for track days...? I've always had a Halon unit in my previous track cars, kinda miss not having one in the Bullitt..
Even on the highway I have come across someone needing an extinguisher twice in my life, sure comes in handy when you need one in a hurry!
Oh, and while I'm looking for recommendations....trying to figure out how to mount a 'tow strap' on the front end without cutting the grill...?
Jim

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Welcome to TMO. My car is track only these days so my methods of mounting fire extinguishers and tow straps will not be of much value to you. They involve roll bar mounts and cutting holes in grilles/bumpers. Where in E. Ont are you? Couple of other inhabitants of this forum are from down east Ont. I'm kind of central east, 10 minutes south of Mosport. Almost nirvana....

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
Welcome to TMO. My car is track only these days so my methods of mounting fire extinguishers and tow straps will not be of much value to you. They involve roll bar mounts and cutting holes in grilles/bumpers. Where in E. Ont are you? Couple of other inhabitants of this forum are from down east Ont. I'm kind of central east, 10 minutes south of Mosport. Almost nirvana....
Little ag town called Alexandria, half way between Ottawa and Montreal… 40 min east of Cornwall. Country yeehaaaaa, lol

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
You're pretty close to @carver and his red Boss. Guessing you mostly run 'bogie? Or Tremblant?
Just coming back from a 25 hiatus...family, work, life....ran Calabogie for the first time this May, full day, 6 sessions, rental beast, lol. Found my groove by late afternoon..fun car to drift.
Driven the other tracks in my previous life, always enjoyed Tremblant the most, especially in the fall.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Are you looking for something like this?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
Are you looking for something like this?

That is the same one I used years ago in the 'P' cars...I forgot the brand name till you reminded me. Seems they are sold out at the moment, wish I knew someone with one I could 'borrow' for an hour or so, my machinist buddy would have that ready in 3003AL or 304SS in no time!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Just coming back from a 25 hiatus...family, work, life....ran Calabogie for the first time this May, full day, 6 sessions, rental beast, lol. Found my groove by late afternoon..fun car to drift.
Driven the other tracks in my previous life, always enjoyed Tremblant the most, especially in the fall.
That's how I got sucked back into the vortex! Had "retired" from racing in the mid 90s. Went to 'bogie for a rental afternoon in '15, I assured my late wife it was just for a couple hours of fun. Look where that led! Their rental car program is good, the cars handle well and are quick enough for returning to the sport drivers to get the juices flowing again.
Ah well, what better way to have fun as we gracefully (??) stave off aging? I haven't regretted it for a second.
Getting a few guys on here in Eastern Ontario, we should try to hook up maybe at Shannonville some time for an Eastern Ontario TMO get together track day. Not the greatest track in the world but super cheap and cheerful!
Tremblant is a great classic track, it's just a long haul from here and then there's this whole Quebec thing about us Anglais, you kind of feel that down there. I think the town hates all racer types equally regardless of language though.
With gas prices over two bucks a litre and a 10MPG tow vehicle it's a tough sell right now. Maybe next year things will be settled down.....

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
WOW...who knew...after 44 yrs in the pointy end of an airplane I guess I was 'Halon' brain washed, lol. I like the price point and the flexibility of the 'cold' unit! I'll check it out.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
That's how I got sucked back into the vortex! Had "retired" from racing in the mid 90s. Went to 'bogie for a rental afternoon in '15, I assured my late wife it was just for a couple hours of fun. Look where that led! Their rental car program is good, the cars handle well and are quick enough for returning to the sport drivers to get the juices flowing again.
Ah well, what better way to have fun as we gracefully (??) stave off aging? I haven't regretted it for a second.
Getting a few guys on here in Eastern Ontario, we should try to hook up maybe at Shannonville some time for an Eastern Ontario TMO get together track day. Not the greatest track in the world but super cheap and cheerful!
Tremblant is a great classic track, it's just a long haul from here and then there's this whole Quebec thing about us Anglais, you kind of feel that down there. I think the town hates all racer types equally regardless of language though.
With gas prices over two bucks a litre and a 10MPG tow vehicle it's a tough sell right now. Maybe next year things will be settled down.....
I'm in for Shannonville, its a technical track, like a gymkhana stretched out, lol. Went off backwards in a cloud of dust a few times, engine stalled, wipers going, hahaha. Been awhile...

WOW...who knew...after 44 yrs in the pointy end of an airplane I guess I was 'Halon' brain washed, lol. I like the price point and the flexibility of the 'cold' unit! I'll check it out.
Halon works very well, but like Co2, it does occlude oxygen, also ( like Co2) it doesn't cool down anything, so if you have fuel on a hot piece of metal, you have a decent probability of it reigniting.

Last edited:
After parking near a crater at TMP where a C7 Z06 burned to the ground due a fuel fire, I also was looking for a extinguisher and mount that would work with out a cage
Ended up going with an element fire extinguisher (https://elementfire.com/) and a universal mount that I massaged to fit the passenger side (car has recaros as well)
1656769380200.png
+1 for Shannonville, I usually head there for the friday night mix and match

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Eastern Ontario
After parking near a crater at TMP where a C7 Z06 burned to the ground due a fuel fire, I also was looking for a extinguisher and mount that would work with out a cage
Ended up going with an element fire extinguisher (https://elementfire.com/) and a universal mount that I massaged to fit the passenger side (car has recaros as well)
View attachment 77121
+1 for Shannonville, I usually head there for the friday night mix and match
When you say 'universal' mount are you referring to the one sold by the Element company on their web site?

TMO Supporting Vendors